1 month’s free trial at LA Fitness plus other health clubs

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
What’s the deal?

Beauty website BeautyGuild.com is offering users a month’s free trial at participating LA Fitness, Dragons, Otium or Quality Living health clubs. Thus MoneySavers can sign up, grab the free trial, and then if they don't want to continue cancel without having paid a penny.

How to grab the trial

First check if there is a gym near you, using the gym locator.

Next, click through, fill out the application form and take it along to your nearest gym.

Important. Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month, so you should wait until Friday 1 June to get the most value from the offer (ie if you join on 30 May, you’ll only get one day).

To get your free trial you will be asked complete a direct debit form (LA Fitness & Dragons) or enter credit card details (Otium & Quality Living). You need to remember to cancel so if you’re the forgetful type, this deal’s not for you.

How to Cancel

Make sure you put a date in your diary when you need to decide whether to continue or not, or the money will just drip out of your account (see Cheap Gyms article for more info on getting cheap gyms)

You must cancel your membership by 17 June or you’ll be charged the full fee for the next month. To cancel you have to click on special link the gym website emails you.

The good news you can cancel the DD at any point before 17 June and your free trial will still last until 30 June.

Martin

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Gooner_Chris
    Gooner_Chris Posts: 74 Forumite
    seems good to me mate. i've signed up
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Martin- just wondered, when you say 'Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month' does that mean when you actually sign up on their website and fill in direct debit details etc, this counts as 'joining', ie. should you actually wait until 1st June to do this, or does the one month go from the date you actually go into the gym with your free month voucher?
  • jbellj
    jbellj Posts: 110
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month, so ideally you should join on 1 June to get the most value from the offer (ie if you join on 30 May, you’ll only get one day).

I would wait till Friday before taking this up.
  • drpachu
    drpachu Posts: 67 Forumite
    I am going for it but will sign up friday.Hope the website will be ok and cope with the demand.
    gooner have you already signed up??!!
    something missing
  • adidas
    adidas Posts: 335
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Why does it say 'don't cancel the DD with the bank or LA fitness'? I'd like to do this as well as cancelling with the link the company sends me. Also, can you use this offer even if you were a member of the gym before? I've read the T n C and it doesn't say anything about it.
  • r2mahara
    r2mahara Posts: 93
    Forumite
    The good news you can cancel the DD at any point before 17 June and your free trial will still last until 30 June.

I'm concerned as well - since this is against the joining instructions. When you cancel via the link - does the voucher still last until the end of June?
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 270
    Forumite
    They'll probably send you the email the day before you have to cancel
    If you don’t want to continue your membership after your free trial you must cancel your membership by midnight on June 17th - to cancel just click on the link we will email you. Do not cancel your direct debit at your bank or at the club. If you decide you don’t want to continue membership beyond your free trial that’s absolutely fine – this is a genuine FREE month offer – but only cancel by clicking on the link we will email you.
  • robinson79
    robinson79 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Just signed up, sounds like a great deal!!

....got 3 weeks to get in shape before i head to Italy :confused::D

btw if you sign up today you still get until the end of June :beer:

x
    Saving for a deposit: £11,000 / £50,000 (22%) :)
  • harryharp wrote: »
    Martin- just wondered, when you say 'Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month' does that mean when you actually sign up on their website and fill in direct debit details etc, this counts as 'joining', ie. should you actually wait until 1st June to do this, or does the one month go from the date you actually go into the gym with your free month voucher?

Hi Harry,

The trial will start from the day you sign up online, not the day you take the voucher into the gym, so to get the best out of the offer sign up 1 June. The voucher will have the date you signed up online printed on it. Hope this helps.
  • Woodyrocks
    Woodyrocks Posts: 1,913
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    robinson79 wrote: »
    Just signed up, sounds like a great deal!!

....got 3 weeks to get in shape before i head to Italy :confused::D

btw if you sign up today you still get until the end of June :beer:

x

I shan't take the risk and just wait until tomorrow morning to sign up methinks! Great deal though. Going for the Club Peak seeing as I am not paying. Thanks Martin :T
    DEBT FREE AND LOVING LIFE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport