PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• [QUOTE=Kirri;64

Don't you have some lovely local farms delivering instead up there? I can go in most supermarkes and not see hardly anything I want to buy yet go in WF and could spend a fortune!
    s[/QUOTE]

Not that I can find .I can get fresh tatties from a nearby farm.
    No spends yet
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    MysteryMe wrote: »
    That sausage and stuffing plait looks great!

Thankyou :) We love this as a cheap lunch to use up leftover stuffing.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Not much movement here over the last few days!

Came home yesterday from work with enough lasagne to last us a few meals. Made a chicken rice dish with the cheap chickens that i got at the weekend, i made a big batch so have enough leftover for another day.

Must try harder lol! :)
    MFW - currently at £23,610 (Aug 2014) MFD 2020
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,836
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    In to freezer - nothing.
    Out of freezer - HM salmon fishcakes.
    We had LO chicken - FF + roast potatoes/parsnip + cabbage + carrots + stuffing + gravy for dinner. There was 1 sprout lurking in the veg box - went on my plate.

[IMG][/img]Wednesdaysdinner_zps1dee91e6.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 1277/2024 March - 1549/406
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 First 4 Week Period £11.75/£100 2nd £33.71/£100 3rd £57.13/£100 4th £13.65/£100 NSD - 61
    2024 Craft Makes - 113 Craft Spends 2024 £212.98/£500
  • Kirri

You will be pleased to know I just had a vegetarian meal and really enjoyed it! It was a ready made bean, cheese and rice burrito I got from whole foods from the frozen Section, was really nice, when I go back I'll grab a few more.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Flo your meals are always looking good. Just a question what is F&F. You have had it a few times now but cant see or figure out what it is.
  • Flo your meals are always looking good. Just a question what is F&F. You have had it a few times now but cant see or figure out what it is.

I've always taken it to mean 'out of the fridge freezer.' Will be interesting to see if I'm right. :D
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Kirri

You will be pleased to know I just had a vegetarian meal and really enjoyed it! It was a ready made bean, cheese and rice burrito I got from whole foods from the frozen Section, was really nice, when I go back I'll grab a few more.

Ooh :T sounds tasty, I'll have a look at them next time. Was only in there a few days ago, I can't stay out! I did spend under £10 this time though! Got some of the prepped fruit, was fairly reasonable price.

I know I'm obviously biased towards veggie food, but I am shocked at how much meat most people consume, virtually every single meal usually.

I've been planning next week's meals - just ordered my veg delivery, just £15 this week, would have liked more but will use up some veg from the freezer. Once my freezer is empty I'm still planning to eat mostly all fresh, I'm not really enjoying meals from the freezer that much. Got gaps appearing, ate my way through a box of mince pies recently, from xmas before last..
  • http://www.marthastewart.com/312932/bean-burritos

I make no apologies about loving and eating meat, but it is nice to have a veggie meal that I really enjoy, I Will be making the above receipe next week and probably popping some in the freezer.

Kirri I agree about the fresh food it's so much nicer, the burrito in wf was by Amy, I went on the site and they only do veggie/vegan stuff.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 6 February 2014 at 1:59PM
    ^ looks good recipe. I've heard of Amy's meals, never tried any but will have a look.

TomCatGirl wrote: »
    As a 5 foot 120lb girl I need to be eating 80g of protein to maintain muscle. According to fitbit I would need a 1lb fillet steak per day to meet this target.

.. or fish or plant based proteins of course. Are you talking bog standard female requirements or athlete/weight training level as that looks at the higher end?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback