McDonalds' no receipt

Comments

• Again, read the thread.

I didn't say it was different. I asked if it was different. A big difference. The reason I ask is because a lot of places give you two receipts if you use a card. One for the purchase, and one for the card transaction.

Why would that be of interest?
  • goater78 wrote: »
    I don't think mcdonalds ever give receipts. Bk do, in fact there used to be a rule that if bk didn't give you a receipt then you could ask for the meal for free.
    I may be wrong but I dont think there is any legal thing that says they have to give you a receipt?

Yeah that's what my brother told me about McDonalds. I rarely visit that place and most of the time my bro kindly decides to pay the bill, so I didn't know they had this policy in place. Well from now on I'll politely ask for a receipt.
  • mancitychick
    mancitychick Posts: 977 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2012 at 12:10AM
    The two McDonads near me give you your receipt, sometimes automatically, sometimes you have to ask for it. The receipt seems to print automatically at the the window that gives out the food not the till window.

As you can see I only tend to use the drive thru!
  • Handsome90 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what my brother told me about McDonalds. I rarely visit that place and most of the time my bro kindly decides to pay the bill, so I didn't know they had this policy in place. Well from now on I'll politely ask for a receipt.

Why......politely?
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Always had a receipt, usually in among the order, either between the drinks in drink holder or folded up with the bag.
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • And is the general receipt you get different from the card transaction receipt you get?

Normally they are different.

The general (or goods receipt) will list the individual items purchased and the price charged for each of these.
    The card receipt will only show the total amount paid and will state either "PIN verified" or have a copy of the signature of the card holder if the card is not of the "chip & PIN" type.
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I drive all over the country and all Macd's have given me a receipt when I ask for one (expenses), 2 if I've paid by card.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • vicmorrow wrote: »
    Why......politely?

I understand receipts aren't at all good for the environment. A lot of trees would have been saved if shops didn't have to print receipts.

The reason I would ask because what if they messed up my order. If I have the receipt I will have proof of what I ordered, provided my order was punched into the till correctly. We are all humans and mistakes can happen.
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So are they legally obliged to give the card receipt? I know that a general receipt is not legally necessary, but I am unsure about a card receipt.
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Handsome90 wrote: »
    Thanks. That's what I thought. But what if they gave me the wrong order? I mean they punched in the right order with the cash-machine but accidentally served me a wrong sandwich. I would have to wait 3 days for it to see in the statement.

I don't frequent McDonalds often (and never BK) but on the rare occasion I have had a problem with the order, a quick phone call to the manager will sort it out. That being said, its always a good idea to (if going through the Drive-thru) pull over before leaving and check your order is correct before leaving.

As for never providing receipts, I've always been given one. However it is not given at point of payment and is instead given with the order (usually folded over the top of the bag).
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure