Premium Bond Winner ?

Comments

• Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just £25 for me again this month - better than the interest rate though ;)
    Mags - who loves shopping
  • won £25 this month..2nd win this year for me..altogether won about 15th time between two accounts since inception.
  • Question for those holding the maximum: on average, what have you won over the space of a year?
  • I've had £500 worth of Premium Bonds for around 7 years. I won nothing under the Labour Government but one month after the ConDems get in and I win "£25".

Suspiscious or what? Well Mr Camerclegg, it won't work. I'm not bought that easily.

Make it £50 and I'll vote for you next time.

GG

Another £25 for me with 500 bonds.

:)

They are still rubbish.

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • partlydave
    partlydave Posts: 19,646 Forumite
    Question for those holding the maximum: on average, what have you won over the space of a year?

I don't know for sure how much Ive won over the last year, but it's definitely less than if I'd got it in an account somewhere earning interest. My policy, however, is that I may lose £200 or £300 in interest in a year,which is not going to affect my life at all, but I always could win a million, which would affect my life dramatically, so I'm willing to stick with it.
    Justice for the 96 YNWA
    Silver linings are the best
    Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many.
    If I lay here, If I just lay here
    will you lie with me and just forget the world ;)
  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Where did all the £50s go - used to get 1 every month 'til they introduced £25s - haven't had 1 since :(
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    My son won £25 this month and with the prize bond certificate there was a leaflet saying they were changing the way they do things. You will now get a statement of your holding whenever you win which will render the previous statement (or any previous certificates) void.

That's goo because I can never remember exactly how many I have now because I opted to buy more bonds with any winnings.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • ian_h
    ian_h Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone used onlinebanking for a one off electronic payment to buy bonds at the lower £50 minimum (i.e. making it look like a Standing Order payment to ns&i but actually a one off payment).
  • Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    High Value winners are now up - dayum! Missed it again *sigh*
    Mags - who loves shopping
  • Same here, Magnolia, sad indeed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts