The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Amazon Prime membership -

Comments

• donglefan
    donglefan Posts: 354
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Excellent post by willo - I was struggling to see what to do.

As soon as you have upgraded you want to go to 'your account' top right, Settings third box down, Prime Settings at base of first column. Click on that and then as will says, click the button not to auto upgrade, and you still get the next month of free Prime delivery without having to remember to cancel in time. Excellent offer.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I ordered a new computer from them today. I saw the notice about Prime membership but gace it a miss - I don't mind waiting an extra two days for delivery!

BTW I ordered the PC at 15:41 hours and I already have an e-mail to say it has been despatched! Pretty good service I reckon!!!
  • Paul_Varjak
    Forumite
    I ordered a new computer from them today. I saw the notice about Prime membership but gave it a miss - I don't mind waiting an extra two days for standard free delivery.

BTW I ordered the PC at 15:41 hours and I already have an e-mail to say it has been despatched! Pretty good service I reckon!!!
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,904
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    so good they mailed it twice :rotfl:
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Paul_Varjak
    Forumite
    mark88man wrote: »

Ha ha. I hope they do!
  • Paul_Varjak
    Forumite
    mark88man wrote: »

Delivered today but, unfortunately, they only mailed one!
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,904
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    love amazon prime - we do order a lot - books/games and so forth, almost always there 8am next morning
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Mik77
    Mik77 Posts: 119 Forumite
    I made this mistake, ordered a watch of amazon, and didn't realise that the next day delivery involved prime and a anuall fee of 47 pound. Checked my bank the next day, and assumed i had been the victim of fraud. after the bank told me it appears to be a subscription, i checked amazon (there was nothing to say i had signed up but the amazon.co.uk in the top left corner had changed to amazonprime). done an amazon search and found the cancellation option, they sent an automated email which refunded me 43 pound.

Not the worst result i could have expected.
  • I to am faced with the same problem. I just checked my bank account this morning and found £47.97 taken from my account from amazon prime.

I didnt sign up to this rubbish i only bought a dvd worth £5 about a month ago and now i have a charge of nearly 50 quid.

This was not clear to me when i bought the dvd i have emailed them this morning and i will let you all know the outcome
    Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at maths
  • I'm back again i just discovered that in the account settings there is an option to cancel membership if you haven't used the account you will find that you will be entitled to a full refund it sends an automated email that will confirm you are entitled to a refund.
    Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at maths
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport