Baby steps towards mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• Moominmamma89
    Options
    Phoned the bank this morning as second OP still not applied but apparently it can take up to five business days instead of three. Not sure why as I bank with my mortgage company so you would think it would clear quicker but oh well will wait until Friday and see if they set it off then.

Today was not a NSD as I have signed up for a sewing machine class later in the month which was £30 but I am determined to actually use my machine this year and it came out of my own "fun money". Was going to get Mr Moomin to pay for it next month for my birthday but as class was this month I just booked on - I will get some more fabric off him to add to my stash instead :D

Going out with my mum and Button for lunch but Mum has offered to pay and I didn't pop into the local Te$co on my way home from sewing shop so no money spent on food today.
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Had to pop up to Te$co today and pick up some stuff for Friday and over the weekend but I stuck to the list and it came to £8.01 so not too bad as shouldn't need to go again until Sunday to get the fresh stuff like milk and bread. Also had to pick u a birthday present, card and wrapping paper for a party Munchkin is going to on Saturday and got the cards for my brothers birthday in Feb while I was there. This all came to £10.25 but we have a separate e-savings were we put £50 a month for birthdays/presents etc.

I managed to resist getting a magazine but not a milky way :D was very yummy!

No news relating to OPs today but I eventually got round to setting up our online pension accounts last night, been enrolled since July 16 :naughty: so it was about time! I wanted to check the contributions are correct as things still unsettled at work so if there is any problems I need to get them sorted. Mr Moomin has to check one thing with our HR manager but I think everything is correct. We just need to sit down and have a chat about what our retirement plans are so we know what we are aiming for - a job for next week I think!

It is very cold out and I am glad I don't have to go out again today as Munchkin goes to my Mum's after school on a Thursday so me and Button can be hermits for the rest of the day. Think I will be putting some hot chocolate on.

Hope everyone is having a good week :)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Hello Moomin :) I have just read through your diary, it makes me smile a lot as our nickname for our 4 year old DD is Button :). We also have a 2 year old DS, and whilst I would have a 3rd DH isn't so keen!

You are doing really well. I find it lovely being at home (currently a SAHM, although I do work from home for DH doing his accounts), and also find it such a blessing to have a roof over our heads, a warm and cosy environment to live in and food on the table. There's not much more we really need in life is there :)

I will follow your journey with interest xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Hi atypicalblonde :wave: - thanks for popping in. I have been reading your diary also and I am really impressed with the OPs you are making. Reading other diaries helps keep me motivated.

I would love a third but we always said no more after 28 because we had DS young we would like to do the travelling we have never got a chance to do in our 20’s. I am definitely enjoying my maternity leave though. With DS I was climbing the walls and raring to get back to work to some adult company but I was 22 and I think now at 27 I am actually happier pottering around at home.

~

Well the mortgage online finally updated so I have updated my signature. Pleased to say we are now at 76% LTV :j

January OP: 965.34/240.00
    2017 OPS: 965.34/2,880.00

Renovation Fund: 550.00/5,000.00

That will be all now to payday until I see if anything from this month was over budgeted which can be OP’d but very pleased with those totals.

Mr Moomin was working from home today so I managed to get to the gym for an hour which was nice (in a weird sweaty sort of way!). Have also managed to lose the Xmas weight I had gained just in time for movie night later :rotfl:

Again we are having pizza and me and Munchkin made a bunch of very chocolaty cookies. We are going to give Disney’s Tarzan a go - I have never seen it but have heard good things!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    How is everyone's weekend going?

I have spent this afternoon at soft play for a party with Munchkin, it was great to get out without having to lug the change bag with me - you forget how nice it is to just be able to grab your keys and phone before heading out the door.

Left my purse at home so I wasn't tempted by a hot drink and chocolate bar which means another NSD today. Will need to go to Te$co's tomorrow butl have managed 4/7 NSDs this week which is what I think I will aim for going forward.

Tonight me and Mr Moomin are off for some crazy golf and Nando's but this was part of Mr Moomin's Xmas present so we already have the vouchers for everything. Another idea from Pinterest (anyone sensing how I spend my spare time?) - basically I thought up 12 date night ideas and stuck a note along with vouchers or cash in envelopes labelled Jan - Dec explaining what it is. He gets to open it on the first of the month and it is a mixture of stuff to do at home or places to go throughout the year but mostly all are already paid for so don't cut into this years budget. Tis very sappy but ensures we make time to do things just us and as it is pre-paid means we don't have to feel guilty about the cost. The best one is later in the year but not saying what just in case he ever reads my diary.

Wish me luck - my crazy golf skills are not the best :D
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    I completely understand about having your kids within a certain timeframe. I always said I would have them before I was 30 - had DD when I was 26 and DS when I was 28. I am 31 now so although the idea of a 3rd is lovely I do feel like I go against my own promise to myself!

Enjoy crazy golf x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Well, as expected crazy golf did not go in my favor - although I did managed a hole in one so got to feel slightly smug about that. Nando's was very yummy :D

Today has been busy started off at the gym, then Te$co, made fish pie (first time I've made it from scratch and it turned out well), then took the monsters swimming before home to get everything sorted for this week. It was Button's first time at the pool today and she loved it, plenty of splashes and giggles which was lovely to watch. But gosh I am completely exhausted, luckily so are the kids so both are now in bed.

Have drafted a letter to work this weekend seeing if it is possible to return on a part time basis like I did when I had Munchkin so will see what they say. Have written if this isn't feasible I will return full time - just to keep my options open but I really don't think I want to do this.

Have to admit starting to have a bit of a wobble now about leaving Button - thought I would be OK as she is my second but obviously not. Hadn't given it much thought but once we hit 2017 I realised I have had more maternity leave than I have left. With all the uncertainty about work anyway I have been trying to think of ways to earn money from home so will be having a look around the "Boost your income" forum tonight.
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Well it's a miserable day here - just rained since I got up :( , so I haven't managed to get Button out for a walk but on the plus side means it will be a NSD. Aiming for 4 this week and any more will be a bonus.

Going to have another scoot round the house to see if there are anymore books or DVDs for trading in to help with next months OP. Also need to file some paperwork which has built up again and as I have joined the Stashbuster's thread over in crafting I want to get round to sorting out my craft stuff this week and see what I have.

Hope everyone has a nice week and this rain clears up!
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    I was doing well - Monday and Tuesday both NSDs but today I have sinned for a Wispa Gold. I honestly did not intend to go to the shop but had to go to the doctors and Te$co is only across the road - I couldn't help it, the chocolate was calling to me! Still as Meatloaf would say "2 outta 3 aint bad".

Had to go to the doctors for Munchkin's medical notes to take with me to an ENT consultant next week as he is saying he can't hear properly. He had grommets in 2013 so I want to check he doesn't need another set in. Luckily we have health insurance through work so should get some of the consultation costs back as kids are covered under the policy.

Started clearing through my craft stuff last night :eek: there is so much! Have sorted a pile of stuff I don't think I will use and going to load it up on fleabay once I have sorted through the rest.

In other news Button is so close to crawling I am expecting her to take off some day this week. She managed to lift her knee last night but just plonked in back down in the same place instead of forward. Think she gets distracted by my encouragements and then has to lie down to ponder - who is this clever girl mummy keeps talking about and why does she have such a stupid grin on her face :rotfl:
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Will be a NSD as have been out for a walk and left my purse at home (this is the only way I seem to be able to resist popping into the shop for one little thing that turns into 10 and end up with me being £20 lighter when I emerge).

So that is 3 NSDs - should manage the 4 I was aiming for :T. Tomorrow will be a bit spendy as I am going to the hairdresser and need to pick up some food for the weekend. Hairdresser comes out of my personal spends and along with my gym costs are the only things that I regularly do just for me and I can't bring myself to stop them - have to balance this journey with some enjoyment afterall.

Still sorting through the house as I am having a bit of a clear out - hoping by the end of the week I will be done and then can start getting it loaded onto fleabay. Although I am seriously lacking in motivation for this as heard some horror stories lately about people claiming item is damaged to get a refund and then not returning said item or sending back a less expensive version. Luckily I have only had one bad experience myself but it does make you think twice, especially as it can take so long to get stuff loaded up.

Anyhoo I best stop moaning and go do something useful while Button is napping - one of her toys has run out of battery and is just letting off a low and annoyingly constant noise so need to replace the battery as there is no off switch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure