Immoral_angel's Debt Diary

Comments

• I feel very organised today.. I've sorted out our old wedding planning folder, and turned it into our debt folder, which has all the statements and paperwork regarding our debts, as well as a handwritten page with othe details such as any settlements we've been offered as well as contact details.
    Also here's the latest debt position that we're in..

Ste Capital One £580 (Refused monthly payments so waiting for dca letter to arrive so we can start paying)
    Sar Capital One £446
    Ste Citi £1460
    Sar Citi £495
    Dorothy Perkins £522
    Mothercare £492
    Dell £317 (final settlement figure
    BlackHorse £446 settlement figure)
    Barclaycard £871.02
    Rockwell - Unsure as having trouble contacting them for settlement figure.

We're now not including the car loan in our debt figures as we see this as an essential and would be charged heavily to end it early, so we're just focusing on all our unsecured debt.

We have £271 currently clearing from paypal and ebay cheques, as well as another £71 sitting in paypal (We've still got the sky box to sell which ends tomorrow which is why we haven't transferred it all over yet, because we want to get all the fees paid and up to date before knowing exactly how much is actually ours. Potentially we'll have another £100 from ebay to play with so by this time next month we'll have paid Dell off completely as well as hopefully being well on the way to paying off another.. :) Will be sending off for our surestart grant a week on monday too so we should have another £500 in the next few weeks to buy all the new baby things, but we want to save as much of that as possible and put it towards debts as we've already got most of the baby stuff we need and have been looking on freecycle for the rest. :)

Feeling much more organised and positive today. :)
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Well all our ebay auctions have now finished and the sky box went for £55 with £15 for postage.... WOOHOO! Will work out how much we actually made after we pay ebay fees and send the last things when I get a chance but either way we'll definately have enough to clear Dell off!! wooooo!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Having such a great day... :D Firstly it's payday so have actually been able to buy food! Ste also got paid more than we thought so we've got a bit extra this month so hopefully will be able to save more! Also on an even brighter note, Ste called up Rockwell to find out exactly how much was owed and if it'd be any less to settle early.. and it's only £165.18! Plus they said that they'd knock some more off when we come to settle. Also between now and then a normal monthly payment will be going out which will bring it down another £20! So I can safely say will we definately have 2 debts paid off by the end of november, and we'll be £42 a month better off alongside all the other cut backs we've done!!!! :D
    We feel so much happier now we're actively sorting out our debts and finally seeing the benefit of all our penny pinching and scrimping!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • The November Challenge Officially Begins today!!!!

Right today we've officially spent £24.15 which leaves us - £12.53 on our november challenge, what a great start LMAO. Yesterday we only spent £8 so taking those savings into account we're currently £8.93 down and have that to make up, meaning tomorrow we can only spend £2.67 between us so we can make up the loss. Wait til Steve hears about that! lol!
    On a serious note though today was a one off as we had the big ebay things to send, which was £19 more than we'd normally spend so I'm optimistic that we won't have any problems keeping to this challenge!

lol!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Feeling VERY optimistic today :) Having worked out figures we may be able to pay off 3 DEBTS by the end of Nov if things go to plan. :) Will keep you posted ;)

Anyway, time for the new November Challenge weekly update... this week was a bit of a one off as we had to spend £25 just on ebay stuff so I'm feeling positive that we should be able to save more next week... but here you go..
    31st - spent £8
    1st - spent £25.52 (ebay stuff day boooo)
    2nd - £6.05
    3rd - £9.00
    4th - £6.00
    5th - £3.74

So based on the £11.60 per day rule (which actually isn't accurate anymore as we got more than we expected this month, but we're sticking to it to make it more of a challenge and be able to save more come the end of the month...) we have saved £11.69 this week (£2.66 of which is in the penny jar). So in theory without the ebay stuff we should've been able to save nearly £27. :) Needless to say I'm feeling optimistic for this week coming as I'll be at home and not driving to work, plus we don't have any ebay stuff to send. Also we'll be saving the child benefit which goes in on tuesday as well as the whole of the tax credits. Woohoo!

Sent off our surestart form on friday so fingers crossed we should hear about that this week. Have totted up what we need for the new baby and we should be able to keep it to under £200, meaning £300 spare to go on debts! woo!

Also on tuesday we'll be DEFINATELY paying off a debt, if not 2 depending on whether the rest of the paypal money clears... Steve's really excited bless him as it'll be a couple of his debts that are the first to go. Can't wait to get the letters through the post which say 'Balance paid in full!!!' :D:D:D
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    What a difference a couple of weeks makes! lovely to hear you so upbeat, and will be great to reduce the number of debts you have. Well done!!!!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello Sarah

You are doing so well hun, well done and keep it up! I hope you are back reporting debts paid off sooner than you think ;)

Great stuff! :beer:
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • ali007 wrote:
    What a difference a couple of weeks makes! lovely to hear you so upbeat, and will be great to reduce the number of debts you have. Well done!!!!

I know tell me about it! Definately helps that we've actually been paid LOL. I really hope that everything comes together so we can pay 3 debts off this month... I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed as if it comes to fruition then we'll be £67 better off next month which would be really handy just before christmas!!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Apologies in advance as I've copied and pasted this from another post but I just wanted to be able to mark this day in our debt diary... :D:D:D

Feeling soooo good today! This morning we paid off our first debt to a DCA (Rockwell) and have just got to wait for the confirmation letter to say the account is totally settled... we are also going to pay off the Dell finance as soon as we've had a bit of extra money cleared into the debt savings account as we were short by £15 today or else we would've paid it today! Typical! lol! It will definate be cleared by this time next week though. :)

Also we've had some great news from tax credits that our payments aren't going to reduce (Because of Ashli stopping nursery while I'm on maternity leave) until the 10th December.. which means we'll be able to save an extra £276 on top of what we had planned.. meaning we'll be able to pay off ANOTHER debt (Probably Capital One) come the end of november!!!!!
    I'm so excited!

Oh and on tuesday we have an appointment with my bank as they have an offer on where they'll give you £50 if they can't beat your home contents insurance.. and seeing as ours is only £2.21 p/m I'm looking forward to having an extra £50 in the bank!

Having such a great day!!! Had a midwife check up and everything's great and we're bang on dates! Had to have some blood tests but that wasn't going to stop me smiling after such a brilliant day!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Hi Sarah
    Love reading your thread, you are really enthusiastic about tackling your debts. Congratulations on paying off your first debt:beer: . Before you know it you will be well on the way to being debt free.
    Take care
    sophiesmum
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills