PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If I had some money I buy some shares in Damart :)
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    OFF. but,annoyingly had to light the woodburner yesterday to dry the washing and get the bread to rise.
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The house has dropped to 17c today which to me is cold... I might be putting the heating on in the next few days :(
  • Flibsey
    Flibsey Posts: 579 Forumite
    off right now,but was on at 6am today as it was f-f-f-freezing in here. right now it's not warm, but I am in the warmest place in the house, wearing a jumper and slippers. I may even do the 1950s housewife thing and go collect the child in my slippers and a hairnet. anybody got some rollers I can borrow?!
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    I'm sitting here with the fan on it's very warm!
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Off at the moment with all the windows open. However I am wearing a jumper. A very big feeling of Autumn is in the air :j
  • jess1974
    jess1974 Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Off, and it will stay that way hopefully well into october, i have oil and it costs a fortune.......woodburner will go on before the heating if it gets chilly in the evenings.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Still off but I'm definitely wearing more and got my trusty blanket on my side of the bed - still got summer duvet on as DH gets too hot but won't be long til swapping over! Definitely not long now til we fire up the wood burner.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mines still off atm...although its getting chilly in the mornings here...but not enough for the heating to be turned on ....just yet!
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    off, but tonight I feel a bit weaker.

I did have the electric blanket on twice last week (despite disliking them) and I have a mild cold ATM so feel quite tempted to light the burner which is laid and ready to light when need arises. But I've got through the whole day so I won't now. :) It doesn't feel long til October for people planning an October switch on. I expect we'll be using the woodburner every now and then from October before trying to keep it going constantly later in the year. We pulled down several dead trees at the weekends, which are hardwood and been dead a while and are now inside and half chopped, and I'm thinking about another order of logs next month to keep well stocked up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback