The Giving Up Smoking Thread!! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Scruffy_Baz
    Options
    Well done to you all either giving up or given up. My last fag was at midnight, so far feeling a bit strange, but trying to keep busy.

Scruffy Baz XX
    LBM - Dec 08 :j
  • schmickleicklepickle
    Options
    Well done to everybody who has joined today - sending you all strong, positive vibes.......!

I am at 9 weeks and 1 day and bizarrely today has been quite difficult for some reason. I think I am just tired and getting a bit stressed with my DS!

Sucking my thumb instead!! I always have done that when I'm really tired but find myself doing it more and more lately - not gonna kill me is it?!

So, stick with whatever works for you - it doesn't matter how silly you feel - you won't look as daft as those people stuck outside on a freezing cold day like today puffing on their little sticks.......

GOod luck everybody and HAPPY SMOKE FREE NEW YEAR TO US ALL!!
    On a mission to banish our credit card debts
    Jan 2011: £28342 :embarasse Credit card Debt Free Date: July 2015
  • daleigha
    daleigha Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!! :beer:

I would like to join the thread please - after about 13 years of smoking (since i was 14!) i now really want to quit!! i have five cigarettes left, and when they are gone i am NOT buying any more! :D

im getting married in September, and want to be totally smoke free (and hopefully not having cravings) by then.

ive tried to quit many times before, the most sucessful time being 5 1/2 years ago, when i managed to stay off them for about three months, but then i started 'allowing' myself cigs when i went out, and slowly slipped back into the bad ways!! :mad: thankfully now im a bit older i dont go out as much, so that habit shouldnt return!! :rolleyes:

im moving house on 28th january and starting a new job on the 2nd february, so along with the wedding i want 2009 to be a totally fresh start for me!

i think most of my problem is the little daily habits - fag break at 10am etc, so hopefully with the new house and job those habits will be gone! im starting now though as i get verrrrry grumpy when quitting and dont want to start off in my new job as a dragon!!

it'll be great to see others experiences on this thread - quitting smoking can feel like such a lonely experience and it feels like no one else is going through it as well!!

so wish me luck, and very good luck to everyone who is starting their 'fag free' journey too!! :D

xx
  • BlueIsTheColour
    Options
    Still no cigs today.....yippee!! Hardest was after evening meal but ate a clementine instead and it passed!

Hope everyone is doing OK?
  • MoonRose77
    Options
    Good luck to everyone who has started on their non-smoking lives today - you can do it x

If you can get past day 3 then you have no nicotine left in your body all that needs controlling thereafter is the trigger factors (can you tell i've been reading up on this quite a bit lately) - so as I am way past day 3 I definately need to start occupying my mind a lot more because that is what is gettin me in trouble with the pretend cravings. hmmmm time to start that new fitness routine then!
  • queen_vi
    queen_vi Posts: 993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can i join please read this thread and think it will really help me
    just had last cigarette will not have any more tonight( i could if i wanted as DH smokes ) will report back in the morning and let you know how i got on
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck Queen VI, look forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow :D

Well done to everyone that's notched up another day :)

xx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • BlueIsTheColour
    Options
    Is it normal to have raging headache and to want to kill my OH? LOL
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it normal to have raging headache and to want to kill my OH? LOL

In general or when quitting the fags :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes it's all normal and will pass, please stick with it.

Good luck x
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • BlueIsTheColour
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    In general or when quitting the fags :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes it's all normal and will pass, please stick with it.

Good luck x

Well its always there :D but it seems to be worse today, but am figuring thats presumably cos its day one? Altho this headache is killing me :mad: As for OH, well, least said about that the better:rotfl:

Thanks Jo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport