Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,064Posts
    • 46,616Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 80
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I was ill so didn't go to work and spent day in bed. It was a NSD. Just realised I have about £30 till the end of the month. Great. Why did I spend so much at Christmas!!!!
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th Jan 18, 6:30 PM
    • 3,101 Posts
    • 18,490 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Sorry to hear you have been poorly you did the right thing staying in bed it was freezing out there this morning when I went to Drs. Take it easy and get well x I am sure you can make £30 last till payday think of it as a challenge lol.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Jan 18, 8:18 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I will I have loads of food and parents will bring loads with them too on Friday. I have done some marking this evening and am starting to cheer up now.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Work was fine. Thank goodness noone gave me a hard time about being absent yesterday and I did loads today. I'm back in the swing of things now.

I did spend £5 on food and snacks on the way home which is a bit naughty but cheaper than a takeaway. A totally frugal saver wouldn't have done one day I will be one of those.

Work are having a social next week. I might have to go but I can't afford it. Please let it be cancelled. I need some divine intervention here.

Two weeks till payday. After my credit card is paid off I will be soooo good.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 18-01-2018 at 9:00 PM. Reason: to add stuff as i forgot
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Jan 18, 7:24 AM
    • 3,101 Posts
    • 18,490 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope your parents aren't affected by the snow oop norf and arrive safely today SW. Not sure what to suggest to get out of the work social, pretend to be ill ?? put it on the credit card and pay for it out of next months entertainment budget ?
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Jan 18, 6:09 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I think I am going to charge it to my credit card. I must go as it is nice people mostly who are going.

Parents arrived safely. I came home and fell fast asleep. They've cooked me a lovely meal. I am so pampered by them. I have a pile of marking to do and it will take me most of the weekend so I will crack on with that for the next few days.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Jan 18, 12:44 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Mum and dad have arrived with the most gorgeous clothes for me that they bought in the sales. Utterly lovely. It is raining on and off all weekend and I have piles of marking to do but I am being so well looked after I don't mind.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 20th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    • 4,899 Posts
    • 43,891 Thanks
    Kittikins
    What lovely parents you've got there. I agree, you should go to the social, it's good to spend time with friendly colleagues, and avoid occasions with the ahem, less pleasant ones!
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under £1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings £52,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Jan 18, 5:39 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    they are amazing and bought me some gorgeous Autograph clothes in the sales. OMG. Gorgeous. I just feel so happy when they come. Being happy means I have done one pile of marking and only have two piles to do tomorrow if I work really hard. please please please let it be finished asap. I have kept them in the downstairs bedroom for the last few weeks so I don't freak out.

I will go to the social. I think I am looking forward to it now I know much of my work is nearly done.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 20th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    • 3,101 Posts
    • 18,490 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am so glad your parents are there looking after you.

Yay to lovely new clothes
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 22nd Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Glad I'm home. Only just over one week left till payday. I am filling in my driving licence application tomorrow.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; Yesterday at 7:56 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Jan 18, 6:54 PM
    • 13,064 Posts
    • 46,616 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ok so I didn't. Instead I spent the day chilling. I did a tiny bit of work and then I watched plenty of catch up tv.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,375Posts Today

10,225Users online

Martin's Twitter