Aqua card proof of id/address

Options
Hi all,

I applied an Aqua reward card last Monday online. The application was approved on Tuesday after a manual check I think. But the email says I should upload a copy of my id and address (I am not eligible to vote so not on electoral list). I uploaded them in last Tuesday evening and the website said they will contact me in 7-10 days.

It has been a week with no news since then. Does it really take so long to see just two images? Does anyone have this experience before?

Thank you!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The sub prime providers have a lot additional ID checks to get through. It's not just your two images they need to check.

Chase them up after the 10 days, if they've not responded by then.
  • ywlgy
    ywlgy Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They approved my app in just one day. Manually, i didn't get an instant approval. It doesn't make sense that they can go through my credit files and make decision in one day but couldn't look at two images in one week.
    But yes, i will wait for another week. Interestingly that '7-10 days' disappeared in their site, now is 'soon'.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ywlgy wrote: »
    They approved my app in just one day. Manually, i didn't get an instant approval. It doesn't make sense that they can go through my credit files and make decision in one day but couldn't look at two images in one week.
    But yes, i will wait for another week. Interestingly that '7-10 days' disappeared in their site, now is 'soon'.

The “going through my credit files” was almost certainly automated, which takes milliseconds.

That “going through” returned some irregularities (not being on the electoral roll) which required you to send id/address so a human can look at it.

That may take a while, perhaps to being short staffed, there being a backlog, or having an internal post system where post delivered can take a few days from delivery to the relevant department (I’ve worked for a bank and seen that firsthand.)

Just give them another few days, maybe until Friday afternoon and phone them back to chase it up.

It may even be the case that they’ve approved/declined your application but they’ve sent it by post.
  • Armelle
    Options
    It is normal...

I applied on the 2nd of October. Got approved. Then I got asked for proof of ID. Which I did.

10 days later I was asked (again) to download a picture of my ID... I reloaded the same picture, and gave them a call to understand what was wrong. They said the picture was blurred... I was worried because I had uploaded the same picture. The woman on the phone said to wait 2 days before uploading a new picture. At that point, I had received a letter saying it was all done and my card was on the way.

I received my PIN tow days ago, waiting for my card... on the 2nd of November...

Be patient...
  • ywlgy
    Options
    Armelle wrote: »
    It is normal...

I applied on the 2nd of October. Got approved. Then I got asked for proof of ID. Which I did.

10 days later I was asked (again) to download a picture of my ID... I reloaded the same picture, and gave them a call to understand what was wrong. They said the picture was blurred... I was worried because I had uploaded the same picture. The woman on the phone said to wait 2 days before uploading a new picture. At that point, I had received a letter saying it was all done and my card was on the way.

I received my PIN tow days ago, waiting for my card... on the 2nd of November...

Be patient...

Thanks for your info. Did you get an email or post when they said all done?
  • ywlgy
    Options
    update:

16 days since submission. Still no response. Called them Tuesday, was told in next couple of days
  • ywlgy
    Options
    UPDATE:

Logged in today with app id, the system said it does not exist!!!

So I gave a call to them, then was told it has been approved and completed yesterday.

Relaxed now. the card and pin will be 5-10 working days later.

Yes, BE PATIENT. I will update here when i receive card and pin. So everyone can know the rough timescale.

Thank you for everyone replying!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Let us know what limit you get too.

I'm now 16 days after submission of my ID and waiting. It took them 15 days to say I needed to upload it again, which I did yesterday.
  • ywlgy
    Options
    update: Received PIN on 17 Nov
  • ywlgy
    Options
    Final update:
    Card received on 18 Nov. 27 days since application. It seems they send PIN and card very promptly. Most of time was spent on checking my ID.

Credit limit is only 250 - the lowest possible. I'm not surprised since this is my first credit. Do hope there is an increase after 4 months.

interest rate is 49.9% - no problem i will always pay it off

My first CC, yay!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family