URGENT HELP NEEDED! Argan Oil Fraud

Comments

• Hi
    i have just had a nightmare, i do not usually do anything so stupid but i ordered this trial to, just recieved an email saying 383.80 would be coming out of my bank. I rang the bank they were very helpful, i have also rang the essence of argan to cancel, he asked me if i wanted 80per cent off!!it smells like olive oil stinks and i feel a fool a total idiout, i just hope i get my money back. Do not be taken in by these scams, i have had a weekend from hell:mad:
  • j1n
    j1n Posts: 81
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    don;t be too hard on yourself. Many people have been caught out by this scam, and many other similar ones!
    Hang in there and keep checking your bank statements every day. I did that at the time and now check my online statement everyday to make sure they do not take any money. I complained to the Fraud dept, the Trading Standards officers, etc. Nothing has changed, it appears.

Good luck!!
  • j1n wrote: »
    don;t be too hard on yourself. Many people have been caught out by this scam, and many other similar ones!
    Hang in there and keep checking your bank statements every day. I did that at the time and now check my online statement everyday to make sure they do not take any money. I complained to the Fraud dept, the Trading Standards officers, etc. Nothing has changed, it appears.

Good luck!!

I had something similar where someone used my credit card details and had taken 10,000.00 , it was a company who i was buying ink cartrdiges from. Anyhow they used the money to buy a car and it got refused but the car company but they had kept the money cos when the guy came to use my credit card details , it didnt match the passport details. I spoke with the bank fraud dept and they refunded my money the following week, but i had no idea that this happened , it was only at the end of the month i thought i would have a look at my bank statement that i thought what was going on here.
    Nice to save.
  • Sorry you got caught out, husband said it's a common thing at the moment. Lots of people getting caught out :(
    :rudolf:
  • Hi just to let you know i rang this company up to tell them that i did not want there product and i want a refund they gave me a RMA number an address in hertfordshire to return the goods! which i did on the 21 i had to call them today asking where my refund was, hopefully i will get it back, but my bank were no help at all! Nightmare week, i work hard, to get this happen to me. never again will i do a free trial
  • I have also signed up to this and I am now £300 down seven months later and have never even received the products. I have contacted them on numerous occasions and have been told that my account has been cancelled but still money keeps coming out. They have said they will refund my money if I return the items which I have tried to explain to them that I have never received any items from them. I have contacted the police but have been told by them to contact trading standards which I have done but 2 months on have still not heard anything from them. My bank have been very unhelpful and I am at my wits end now. I am a single parent and this has put me into debt which I really can't afford. My bank have been really unhelpful. I have reported my card lost with my bank hoping that might stop it but the bank still honour the payments. I have told the bank that I will be cancelling all my accounts with them and going to someone else but they don't seem atall bothered by this.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I think the Mods should be moving this to the Praise, Vents & Warnings Board - it'll receive much more exposure over there, and hopefully stop others being scammed by these dreadful people.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have also signed up to this and I am now £300 down seven months later and have never even received the products. I have contacted them on numerous occasions and have been told that my account has been cancelled but still money keeps coming out. They have said they will refund my money if I return the items which I have tried to explain to them that I have never received any items from them. I have contacted the police but have been told by them to contact trading standards which I have done but 2 months on have still not heard anything from them. My bank have been very unhelpful and I am at my wits end now. I am a single parent and this has put me into debt which I really can't afford. My bank have been really unhelpful. I have reported my card lost with my bank hoping that might stop it but the bank still honour the payments. I have told the bank that I will be cancelling all my accounts with them and going to someone else but they don't seem atall bothered by this.

Your card issuer can deal with this for you. They can action a chargeback for non receipt of goods but as you say this happened several months ago, you might not get all your money back. The timescale for chargebacks is 120 days from the date of debit.

If you have cancelled and there are any more debits taken from your account, your card issuer can also deal with this as a cancelled CPA payment. They can't refuse to do this, you need to call them again.

Cancelling a card won't stop the payments as you have discovered, but the same would apply to all banks. Banks aren't bothered when people threaten to close accounts, unless you have a huge amount of money with them.

Why have you let this go on for so long ?
  • The thing that really gets me is the original advert says that this housewife did this for under £5 and yet the wasn 83.90 from Joe Blogs - you must always read the T & C on these free promotions this will indicate how much you will end up paying. I have been caught out like the rest of you and had to cancel my card in the end!
  • My wife asked me to order a trial just the same, as I was in a hurry I did not read the terms (you had to go to a different page on the website it is a monthly subscription). Nothing happened till I saw a sum of £89.80 taken from my bank on Oct 24th. After putting their name into google I saw that this was their standard practice. I reported this to my bank - they showed no effort in stopping further payments. I reported them to Scambook and to the Direct Gov fraud dept. Scambook got the company to refund £89.90 on the 11th November and to cancell my account with Argan and an e mail from the company as confirmation. I then discovered that Essence of Argan had taken another £89.90 on the 6th November, all this trouble and no goods from the company. No one seems to be bothered the bank, the fraud dept no-one seems to want to take this company to task. I am still £89 .90 down and still fighting them. My only solution is to change banks with all the problems of changing direct debits etc. The nightmare continues. The answer is BE AWARE OF INTERNET SCAMS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure