Financial Ombudsman - Huge delays not related to PPI

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Op.

Did you mean that your complaint is not PPI related and some other type of complaint but you are still experiencing delays? You state "not PPI related" in your title but perhaps all insurance complaints go to the same department as PPI complaints? Just trying to help as you seem to have been put off coming back to your thread.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 31 March 2012 at 4:52PM
    marshallka wrote: »
    Just trying to help as you seem to have been put off coming back to your thread.
    I answered the OP in post#2. There is no way to hurry up the complaint process.

The discussion afterwards had no bearing on the Op's query, but that had already been dealt with (and was acknowledged with a "thanks" on post #2)

The FOS had already given the OP their answer prior to posting, so it's not surprising that he didn't return to the thread!
    So the off-topic discussion is not putting the OP off at all.
  • Netty11
    Netty11 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 31 March 2012 at 2:08PM
    Hello. I have something to vent, as I am a little perturbed by my PPI claim.
    I went ahead and used a third party to assist me in claiming back my PPI.
    I have since received letters from this third party saying that they have won the case and that I should have received a letter from my lender First Plus. So, I called First Plus Barclays, and I was advised that they had sent a letter out to me dated 14th January. I asked the adviser to tell me what the letter had said and if she could resend it. Apparently, the letter said that i have been awarded and they would like to know how I would like to receive payment. I simply told her that I did not receive any letter from you in January, however, I did receive a letter from First Plus in early March saying that they are going to contact my Official Receiver regarding this payout. They did not send me any letter in January. I spoke with these people on Thursday of this week, and I have checked my mail box this morning with no letter of award.
    I went Bankrupt in May 2009, and now these people are threatening to go to the Official Receiver with the amount they have apparently awarded. The Third party are awaiting their payment from me, and if it all go's pear shaped, after all that, I would have accrued another debt to this Third party. I am not in Bankruptcy anymore and haven't been for almost two years. Everything appears to be a battle and I'm fed up with it all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    Netty11 wrote: »
    I went Bankrupt in May 2009, and now these people are threatening to go to the Official Receiver with the amount they have apparently awarded. The Third party are awaiting their payment from me, and if it all go's pear shaped, after all that, I would have accrued another debt to this Third party. I am not in Bankruptcy anymore and haven't been for almost two years. Everything appears to be a battle and I'm fed up with it all.
    Unfortunately, the Official Receiver is likely to get any redress awarded for any loan or credit card debt run up before you went bankrupt. It now also seems likely that the Third Party you have authorised to act on your behalf will be presenting you with a bill for 30% of redress money you were never going to get in the first place.
  • Hello Moneyineptitude.
    It is awful that First Plus had supposedly sent me a letter of award in January of this year, to of then not received it at all, but to of only received a letter from them in March telling me that they will go to the official receiver. They new what they were doing, because they refrained from sending me that letter in the first place.

So, now its likely that I will need to find money to pay the third party!
    I can now see why certain individuals commit suicide. I am not that way inclined, although I feel weary and exhausted from the whole thing.
    Thank you for your reply
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    I can now see why certain individuals commit suicide. I am not that way inclined, although I feel weary and exhausted from the whole thing.
    You can go to this forum for help and advice from others who are or have been in a similar position to you

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

You have my sincerest sympathies, but I'm frankly amazed that, not only did you think you could seek redress from one of your creditors, but you thought it wise to use a Claims Management Company.

All the very best for the future...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,051
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I went Bankrupt in May 2009, and now these people are threatening to go to the Official Receiver with the amount they have apparently awarded.

Which is correct. Any redress from the PPI paid prior to bankruptcy can go to the OR. Your claims company should have told you this.
    The Third party are awaiting their payment from me, and if it all go's pear shaped, after all that, I would have accrued another debt to this Third party.

That is also correct. Which is why the advice is that you should never use a claims company if you have a bankruptcy, amounts written off, defaults or arrears.
    I am not in Bankruptcy anymore and haven't been for almost two years.

The idea is that it draws a line for you. However, that goes for any credits built up prior to that line as well. Your creditors have the right to that money. Not you.

You should put in a complaint against the claims company as they should not have taken your case on and told you about this. Had they been honest and up front you would not be in this issue.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

Yes - unless you can get a complaint against them, on the grounds that they should have warned you of this possibility, upheld.

You would need to complain to the firm itself first and if you did not get a satisfactory outcome to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk

However, you are very much on your own and successfully complaining against an ambulance chaser is much more difficult than complaining against a bank.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »

You should put in a complaint against the claims company as they should not have taken your case on and told you about this. Had they been honest and up front you would not be in this issue.
    It's just yet another example of the unscrupulous behaviour constantly exhibited by these Claims Management Companies. Even the Op of this thread (who has long since abandoned it) is feeling the results of this behaviour through the extra delays the CMCs are causing at FOS.
  • Hi - as I am a newbie, I am a bit slow in replying. Sorry for the misleading title re my query but it seems like my question has been answered - so thanks very much.

I actually had a letter from the Ombudsman last week , apologising for the delay. So I will just patiently wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure