Asda Price Guarantee - 10 visit limit

Comments

• Sorry to bump this thread but I've been searching the Asda site for answers and can't find any. To get a price guarantee voucher it says you have to go online and enter the details from your receipt and then it will let you print off a voucher for the difference. What happens if you don't have a printer? How else can you get your voucher? There's an app for your phone that you can use to check your receipt, but do you still have to have a printed voucher? The FAQ's say that if you don't have a computer to go to a local library and check there, but you'd still need to print off the voucher, can you do that for free at a library? No point in paying for a print off as it may be more than the voucher is worth.

Asda seem to be very proud of their "10% cheaper or we'll give you the difference", but what good is it if you haven't got internet access or a printer? It's a bit of a cop out if you ask me. Why can't they give you a voucher at the till like Sainsburys do. They say it's to keep costs down but I personally think it a way to get round sticking to their promises.

Does anyone know a way round this?
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 March 2014 at 1:49PM
    You need internet access to do the comparison. To shop in store you need a physical voucher. With online orders there is nothing to print. You perform the check and if a refund is due e-vouchers are added to your account to use with a later online order. If you have access to the internet but not a printer I assume that you could order online and use Click And Collect to obtain your groceries from a store without incurring any additional charges for printing or delivery.

N.B. (1) Click and Click requires a minimum spend of £25.

N.B. (2) You can only price check your most recent online order and you have to wait 48 hours after delivery/collection before performing the check. Possibly a problem if you are shopping daily.
  • It's more for my son than for me, he shops instore, and can check his receipts online but hasn't got a printer so can't print off the vouchers he's entitled to. So he's losing out on ££'s every month. I shop at Sainsburys so I don't have that problem. ;)

I'm not a fan of online grocery shopping. I've had bad experiences in the past where I've been sent something I didn't want, or even like, and when it comes to fresh meat and vegetables I like to have a good look at what I'm buying rather than someone else picking it for me. Call me old fashioned. :p
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 March 2014 at 2:21PM
    I'm not a fan of online grocery shopping. I've had bad experiences in the past where I've been sent something I didn't want, or even like, ...

With some supermarkets they will always try to deliver a substitute item however inappropriate. You then have the option to refuse delivery of the substituted item. ASDA gives you the option of not allowing substitutions. This works well for the most part though they have sneaked in substitutes a couple of times. When they have done so I have complained and got the price of the substituted item refunded as well as keeping the unrequested substitute at no charge.
    ...and when it comes to fresh meat and vegetables I like to have a good look at what I'm buying rather than someone else picking it for me. Call me old fashioned. :p

You're old fashioned! ... and so am I. I don't have fresh meat, fruit or veg delivered for the same reason.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    People have been using real email addresses?
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Sorry to bump this thread but I've been searching the Asda site for answers and can't find any. To get a price guarantee voucher it says you have to go online and enter the details from your receipt and then it will let you print off a voucher for the difference. What happens if you don't have a printer? How else can you get your voucher? There's an app for your phone that you can use to check your receipt, but do you still have to have a printed voucher? The FAQ's say that if you don't have a computer to go to a local library and check there, but you'd still need to print off the voucher, can you do that for free at a library? No point in paying for a print off as it may be more than the voucher is worth.

Asda seem to be very proud of their "10% cheaper or we'll give you the difference", but what good is it if you haven't got internet access or a printer? It's a bit of a cop out if you ask me. Why can't they give you a voucher at the till like Sainsburys do. They say it's to keep costs down but I personally think it a way to get round sticking to their promises.

Does anyone know a way round this?

My library normally charges 10p a copy, so he could first input the apg at home to see if there's a return and then redo it at the library. Failing that maybe print it at work or ask a chum with a printer
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's more for my son than for me, he shops instore, and can check his receipts online but hasn't got a printer so can't print off the vouchers he's entitled to. So he's losing out on ££'s every month :p

I've given up on Asda and now do most of my shopping in Aldi and Sainsbury's but last time I was there they had a computer and printer available for customer use. I'd suggest your DS asks at Customer Services.
  • The Asda store my son shops at is a very big one so maybe they have a printer he can use. I'll tell him to have a look or ask when he's there. You can't do it when you've just done your shopping though coz it says to wait until the next morning. He could check at home then take the receipts back next week and get the voucher before he does his shopping ... if they have a printer of course. It's certainly worth enquiring about. Thanks for the info. :T
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Asdas across the country are taking their APG printers out :( my local is the biggest to second biggest in the uk. Both asdas here that did have print your own APG have removed the facility

So your son will either need to use the library, print at work or ask a friend
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • It sounds to me like they're trying their best to avoid giving you what they owe you. They promise you the earth then make it very difficult for you to obtain it. Naughty Asda! icon8.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure