Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Comments

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Pod - your outfits sound lovely! I'm sitting here in trackie bottoms and a fleece (about to walk the dog)!

Right ladies - I need your help!
    I am in danger of going down the slippery slope of getting back into the habit of eating rubbish every day again.
    Just realised that over the past week or so I have scoffed cakes, crisps, a bag of revels, a bag of raspberry ruffles and way too many unnecessary bits and pieces.
    Last week I managed to stay the same weight - probably only through being really busy at work and doing some exercise (not loads).
    That will not happen this week if I carry on.
    I don't know why I've gone food bonkers all of a sudden - I think it may be that I'm so close to where I want to be and I'm the lowest weight I've been in about 20 years and now I've relaxed. I really don't want to pile the pounds back on so it stops TODAY!

There are no more naughties left in the house so I can start again today.

I haven't planned food yet for the day (actually had a lie in this morning) but it will have to be from what I have in as I don't want to tempt myself in a shop yet again.

Right, sorry for the confession but I feel better now!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WW - have you got a project you could work on to distract you from food? Are you into crafts? Films? Playing cards? Try and find a way to distract yourself. You sound like you've done really well. Maybe have a play with some clothes, trying on stuff. Keep at it.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    You are so right Mineallmine! I do need a project.

And so I've found one! (Stolen from myfitnesspal).
    Its November tomorrow and I've decided that I'm setting myself a challenge - to run and walk a minimum 100 km in November.:eek:
    Thats approx 60 miles. Sounds like loads but if you break it down to a day at a time its only just over 2 miles a day. I may even up it a bit to make it a bit more challenging.
    If I'm making the effort to do this I'll hopefully be less inclined to scoff rubbish (today has been fine so far, feel like I've taken myself in hand a bit with a stern talking to!).

So here goes ...

exercise.png

I'll update daily and see how quickly I can get there.

Off to get changed and get out and about for my first practice walk!
  • Afternoon All,

I'm currently stressing as not sure if will get paid today or not, I wish they would just let us know so I can make arrangements. Lots of phone calls going on behind closed doors so no idea what's going on!

EH xx
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    WW - have you got a project you could work on to distract you from food? Are you into crafts? Films? Playing cards? Try and find a way to distract yourself. You sound like you've done really well. Maybe have a play with some clothes, trying on stuff. Keep at it.

I was analysing what might have changed for you recently ww and less running definitely came to mind. It's mainly about the weather but if you can do lots at weekends and a little in the week you should be fine. Not having rubbish in the house helps too. I find that if I want a pudding or the odd chocolate bar or cake I have them when I'm out so that temptation isn't in the cupboard;).

My dresses are last year's too cherry and haven't really looked at this year's ranges. As buying dresses was a new venture, I went cheap to avoid expensive mistakes. Mine come from Tesco, Asos and Sainsbury's. I notice Sainsbury's has 25% off their clothes this week, so maybe worth taking a look.

Hope OH's mother doesn't mess you (or gran) around. Maybe you'll get to hear more about the Christmas plans while she's up your way?

Last night must have been 'manicure night'. I did my nails (file down, shape, cuticle & hand cream) last night. I'm out to theatre tomorrow so might put polish on later.

Glad the viewings went OK LL. Obviously, the catchment area is a good selling point. Did your DSs go to the relevant schools?

Sorry to hear about your experience in Asda. I've almost stopped shopping there completely since our local Sainsbury's opened except for a few occasional bits (mine has a good fish counter) and fuel. It always strikes me just how many of the offers are on junk food (snacks or highly processed). I think to eat healthily on a budget you have to be organised and put in some effort with meal planning, shopping around and cooking. Sadly many of these people aren't doing that either because they don't know how or are worn down and give up.

I have noticed a 'better class of customer' in Aldi's lately.:D:rotfl:
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    Like that idea WW - when wI'm back up and running, literally I think I'll adopt that idea myself.

Feeling really bad today after stupidly walked into town after posting an ebay sale - thisis far too much for me to do at the moment, just shows how much this infection is affecting me - a 20min walk is too much compared to previous activity levels! It set off the infection again in my chest, throat and ear to the extent I was shuffling backhome. Can't wait to feel back to normal and get on with things again. Looks like it will be at least another week off as I am no better this week at all.

Happily though my grabbit arrived today of heavy weight 3 piece roasting set - one for present and one for me - and, they are great. Well worth £11.40 each. Afterall who doesn't need a good roasting tray and baking sheet? I priced up some in the supermarket which came in £5 more for much lighter ones so I am very happy with them. Bit too nice to use though!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Afternoon All,

I'm currently stressing as not sure if will get paid today or not, I wish they would just let us know so I can make arrangements. Lots of phone calls going on behind closed doors so no idea what's going on!

EH xx

Stress over been paid so off to tgi's for tea with a friend, she told me not to dress up she's in scruffy clothes. I like to make an effort even if just jeans and a nice top! Make up on and all perfumed :)

Eh xx
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2012 at 7:06PM
    Wow WW that's a plan!

I've been bad today. I don't always have crisps in the house and today I bought some. And ate some. Ate too many some.. Though to be fair overall I ate very little yesterday. Shows how quickly you can get things out of hand. A light dinner is in order now. :o

My project is a big declutter throughout November. I'm excited about this and may start this evening. I'll do it in short bursts so it's not too much energy wise. :A

That's a relief Eh! :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • katie89
    katie89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    WW - good luck! I like the idea of the tracker to update. I'm guessing I could do something similar with hours put in at the gym a month... I pay £39 p/m for the gym (not very moneysaving,:o, but is a nice gym I feel comfortable in, and includes pool etc). Try and get it down to less than £2.50 a visit - so approx 16 time a month :eek:

I have a friend coming over for pizza and a film tonight for Halloween, so have fabbed up my room a bit (shared house), and given the communal areas a wipe over. Flowers and everything! She rents a flat privately so I don't want her to associate my living in a shared house with slumming it. I just want to save my pennies for a deposit!

I have a slight problem I was hoping you ladies could help me with. The lady I share an office with at work is very "mother hen"-ish, and whilst lovely, she keeps giving chocolate and other naughty treats out to myself and gentleman on the desk next to me. Whilst he is happy to wolf it down, i'm try to loose the half stone i've gained whilst working there the past year. How can I say no thank you without offending her? (Although I'm all for the Friday treat, which we take turns buying!)
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • Hi all,

Thanks for your dress tips! I have to faff about a bit with dresses to find ones that suit my shape but you have helped me greatly on my quest. I typed 'ponte' into shopstyle, which was a good way of finding out where the bargains are!

I missed out on the manicure...Tuesday event yesterday but catching up tonight. Will try the vaseline trick, since I've switched to Carmex for my lipbalm and have a few tins of Vaseline lying around that I won't use on my lips.

PP - oh I'm so excited for you going to a kick off party! I ought to try and do something like this really (particularly since I live near London) but I always feel like such a muppet going to things by myself. :o

Well done also for being organised with clothes - your outfit sounds really lovely! I've lost my way a bit and my wardrobe has once more become a floordrobe. Will sort it this weekend! *slap on wrist*

WW - good ideas to keep from raiding all the food! I think I might embark on a similar challenge to that when I'm knocking around the house in January with no money. :D

fedup - I hope you start to feel better soon! Are you a bit run down, maybe?

Okay...back to online window shopping..
    Not buying any more 1.)books 2.)toiletries, esp. LUSH! 3.)stationery, unless absolutely necessary!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure