Santander, how many current accounts?

Options
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how many Santander current accounts you can have. I want to take advantage of the 5% offering.

Thanks,
If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)

Comments

• Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    2 per customer i think it is.
  • slush
    slush Posts: 108 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can have more than that. OH and I certainly did.

But be warned, eventually they totally screwed things up, affecting 12 accounts, 9 personal and 3 business.

Their incompetence is beyond belief... we are now persuing the matter with the Financial Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner.

We would rather hastle free banking, something alien to Santander, than the 5%.

Any bank can mess up. But the sign of a good bank is what theyy do when something has gone wrong.

Santander have repeatedly been told what has gone wrong. And have done nothing to put any of it right.... but instead have compounded the problems at every stage.

I even have online access to someone else's Santander accounts, their credit card and more! We have complained to Santander and they have done nothing about it. I have even taken proof to the local branch manager. And still they have done nothing!

They are not worth the 5%.... for all the hastle and grief you risk exposing yourself to.

Don't just take my word for it.... look through countless threads on these forums.

Regards, Slush.

PS If anyone on here is from Santander... please challange any of the above and I'll willing prove what I'm saying.
  • anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would agree. The optimum number of accounts is zero.
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    anselld wrote: »
    I would agree. The optimum number of accounts is zero.

Well they do have Santander Zero, maybe they were listening after all :D
  • td_007
    td_007 Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 3-5 current a/cs at any given time. But I use them simply to get the 5% rate - none of my bills or anything else gets paid out them. 1K gets circulated every month and thats it. Admittedly, I had to spend some time following up with them because they screwed up interest payments (and that is the only thing they have do for a/c!!). But overall if you do not use the a/c as a bank a/c :eek:you will be more or less ok.
  • slush
    Options
    td_007 wrote: »
    But overall if you do not use the a/c as a bank a/c :eek:you will be more or less ok.
    I used to think that too.. tempted by the 5%.

But when they screw up, they can screw up BIG time... affecting YOUR credit rating by their imcompetence.

.... exposing your numerous accounts to possible on-line fraud.

And doing nothing to put right their errors

No, no... they are not worth the hastle!
  • mrchagle
    mrchagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MMMMmmmm, thanks. I have 3 already however I don't use them for DD's... just basic "savings accounts" receiving 5% ...

Thanks for the feedback, the good and bad.. but mostly bad. :-)
    If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)
  • Bloomberg
    Bloomberg Posts: 665 Forumite
    Options
    slush wrote: »
    You can have more than that. OH and I certainly did.

But be warned, eventually they totally screwed things up, affecting 12 accounts, 9 personal and 3 business.

Their incompetence is beyond belief... we are now persuing the matter with the Financial Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner.

We would rather hastle free banking, something alien to Santander, than the 5%.

Any bank can mess up. But the sign of a good bank is what theyy do when something has gone wrong.

Santander have repeatedly been told what has gone wrong. And have done nothing to put any of it right.... but instead have compounded the problems at every stage.

I even have online access to someone else's Santander accounts, their credit card and more! We have complained to Santander and they have done nothing about it. I have even taken proof to the local branch manager. And still they have done nothing!

They are not worth the 5%.... for all the hastle and grief you risk exposing yourself to.

Don't just take my word for it.... look through countless threads on these forums.

Regards, Slush.

PS If anyone on here is from Santander... please challange any of the above and I'll willing prove what I'm saying.

Thank you for sharing that with us, too many people look at short term incentives rather than long term value and service. I think that it would be very foolhardy to ignore your post and the numerous others warning about Santander.
    Money is a wise mans religion
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes
    Two Santander Zero A/C per customer based on their T&C.

But probably people could still have another type of current A/C ewhich also earn 5% interest, e.g Preferred Current A/C . I have not tried it yet so cannot be sure about this.

ADINDAS
    Toe-Jam wrote: »
    2 per customer i think it is.
  • slush
    Options
    If you like... whatever floats your boat.

But the facts of my post stand.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport