I Want To Be Mortgage Free!

Comments

• Our meter is under the pavement outside the house and is read by bluetooth - maybe ask your water company if that is an option?

I will follow with interest x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Our meter is under the pavement outside the house and is read by bluetooth - maybe ask your water company if that is an option?

I will follow with interest x

Thanks for that, I will give them a call tomorrow! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Hi Jessy,

Lots of luck on your journey - OP'ing gets very addictive and every bit adds up :)

Gib x
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• Jessy103
    giblet1979 wrote: »
    Hi Jessy,

Lots of luck on your journey - OP'ing gets very addictive and every bit adds up :)

Gib x

Thanks Gib, I appreciate it and the same to you! Yes I think I'm going to become quite obsessed with overpaying and watching our finances like a hawk!! :D
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Jessy103
    Made an overpayment for £206.38 yesterday so the new mortgage amount is £70,280.00. I'm really looking forward to it going under £70,000!!
    Told OH this morning that when he next gets paid on the 20th I will be making a new spreadsheet where I monitor all the money that is going out of both of our accounts so I can see if we are spending money on silly things we don't need and make a note of all unforeseen expenses. He laughed and called me the Money Police but said if it makes me happy to crack on!
    I'm still trying very hard not to put the heating on and it is only set to come on in the morning if it drops under 15 just to take the chill off, otherwise it's jumpers, blankets and a hot water bottle, even the dogs have jumpers to wear!! (They are whippets so they don't have a lot of fur or fat to keep them warm, I'm not just a mad woman that likes to dress her dogs up!)

I've got some Christmas presents to wrap up today that I had delivered from Boots. I got 7 presents that totalled £47 but I have recently found out that my bank does a rewards system that is like TCB if you click on the link through their website. This meant that I got £4.70 cashback and as I used my credit card (don't worry it will be paid in full at the end of the month!) I also get a cashback reward on that.

Have a lovely day everyone!
    Jess x
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,881 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Found you! :) And you say I'm on top of things? Sounds like you've got things pretty under control here!

Looking at your SOA, the only thing I'd say is your broadband and phone look expensive - does that include TV? If you're with Sky it might be worth ringing them up and haggling (if you're out of contract). I did this last year and got free BB for a year and £25 credit. It was so easy... just vague 'I'm thinking about leaving, it's all a bit expensive' and the lady volunteered to 'see what she could do'.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    themadvix wrote: »
    Found you! :) And you say I'm on top of things? Sounds like you've got things pretty under control here!

Looking at your SOA, the only thing I'd say is your broadband and phone look expensive - does that include TV? If you're with Sky it might be worth ringing them up and haggling (if you're out of contract). I did this last year and got free BB for a year and £25 credit. It was so easy... just vague 'I'm thinking about leaving, it's all a bit expensive' and the lady volunteered to 'see what she could do'.

Thanks themadvix! I'm trying and starting to get there especially with all the tips and help you get on this forum! Yes we are with Sky but we've cancelled the TV so it is phone, line rental and broadband. I have spoken to OH about changing supplier but he was reluctant to do so because he is an IT person at work and brings it home and he says that Sky has the fastest and most reliable broadband, but it might just be worth calling and putting it on a bit to see if they will reduce it! Thanks for the tip!! :o
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,881 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Definitely Jess. I work from home, so reliable and fast Internet is vital for me too (fortunately fibre isn't needed here, I guess you have it though). I didn't want to change, but it's certainly worth putting it on and seeing what you get! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Yes it is superfast fibre although I can't tell the difference! Lol! Tried calling them but they won't speak to me as it is in hubby's name not mine! Will have to get him to call them when he gets home from work. :mad:
  • Jessy103
    Overall a good day! Got lots of chores around the house done. My lovely neighbours gave me 8 eggs from their allotment chickens free of charge so we had omelette for tea. I don't know what it is but they tasted so much better than eggs from the supermarket!
    I checked paypal and we have been paid for an unwanted giftcard that we sold on a website called Zeek for a discount (It was a HMV voucher we got last Christmas for £20 and Zeek bought it for £15) so that's some money to put in the overpayment pot!
    I wrapped all the Christmas presents I'd bought and put them in bags ready to be dished out. Still a few left to buy but I'm keeping to a strict under £10 rule and will only spend more than this on my 3 nephews.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a NSD. Have a lovely evening everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure