We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• messia07 wrote: »
    what are AE's?

From the MSE Forum Guide -
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs#troll

Hope that helps :)
  • Meow7
    Meow7 Posts: 536 Forumite
    I see comping as a really relaxing hobby, something to come home and chill out to before bed. Entering with false names is taking the mick a bit, I think. I don't see this as a money-making excercise and clearly people entering with false names do. I don't think that's right, as they are potentially skewing the results for the rest of us who play fairly.

Shame there are a few like this, because most of the people I've met on here are really lovely, friendly, helpful folk.
  • saterkey
    saterkey Posts: 288 Forumite
    personally i wouldnt dream of sending copy of passport dob details etc, id fraud springs to mind esp for such a small prize fund.

I hate these comps on facebook that post on the wall can such and such get in contact and email us on you have won "" prize, its so open to abuse. and the fact that people miss these messages and i guess the prizes dont have to be given out in that case. I rarely read my wall i get spammed so much. sometimes i do a "find" search for my name on my wall just in case.

had a recent prize from facebook that simply private messaged me and i sent my addy to him, i checked the site and prize and messaged him back simple.
  • SEGGA1986
    SEGGA1986 Posts: 506
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    What a shame people are actually doing that what ever happened to entering comps just for fun.I too dont have enough time in a day to enter comps for just my name let alone false names,People should stop been greedy and just be glad that MSE is available for us all :) xx
    :j Here's to great things to come in 2015 :j

May everyone be lucky :T
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,570
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Prudent wrote: »
    Its very sad and takes away from the spirit of what should be a relaxed and enjoyable hobby. I must admit that I feel there is a link bewteen this practise and the whole 'comping for cash' issue. I would like to see MSE promote comping simply as a relaxing, rewarding and enjoyable hobby rather than a route to up your income.

I have used this board for many years now and the greatest benefit for me is that the spirit of community has helped me when work becomes stressful. I have had some very nice prizes over the years and it has allowed me to have some fun experiences with family and friends and given some welcome 'nice things' to life as I live on a tight budget.

I agree wholeheartedly with this and have quoted it here in the hope that the way MSE promotes comping might change!
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Hi Folks,

We're looking into the "skip" button for you. If you have 2 mins, could you jump over to > THIS POST < on the Site Feedback board, where this was raised, and give us some feedback on the proposal?

We don't want to overcomplicate it, but just to check that it's the type of thing the majority were after.

Thanks

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Personally, I'd love a skip button, with the red x.
    :starmod: Everything will be ok in the end; if it's not ok, it's not the end :starmod:

A HUGE thank you to all that post competitions
  • gavrc
    gavrc Posts: 8,226
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Great idea. Personally, I think the icon should match the button, ie a skipped symbol in the boards. It makes the association easier.

gav
  • cornishpasty1
    cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Folks,

We're looking into the "skip" button for you. If you have 2 mins, could you jump over to > THIS POST < on the Site Feedback board, where this was raised, and give us some feedback on the proposal?

We don't want to overcomplicate it, but just to check that it's the type of thing the majority were after.

Thanks

if it's not too complicated, the ideal would be tick for done, skip for something you want to go back on later (perhaps ie comp not loading) and X for not interested in :j
    #StaySafe
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,799
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure