PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Shabby Chic; Volume III

Comments

• chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    looking forward to seeing what you do with the 6 drawer ikea wooden box thingy, as I have one right in front of me, quite naked except I wrote each drawer's contents on it in chalk.
  • http://thepaintedhive.net/2012/04/ikea-card-file-drawers-hack/

This is what I'm aiming for with that. There's a whole subculture out there of Ikea hackers!
  • Before:
    0093dc.jpg[After:
    mirror1fb.jpg[Close up:
    0113nw.jpg[By jove I've cracked it! They are in the right order!
    This is Canadian milk paint for a super chippy look. You don't need to sand very much, it just chooses to fall off in certain areas.
  • emma_kate wrote: »
    http://thepaintedhive.net/2012/04/ikea-card-file-drawers-hack/

This is what I'm aiming for with that. There's a whole subculture out there of Ikea hackers!

What an amazing blog, lots of wonderful ideas, I've just spent last couple of hours browsing all her stuff. Thanks for the link. :D
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Emma kate, your latest project is simply stunning!

I've not done any renovating etc as I'm busy crocheting away. Made a fab n funky granny square bag last night but don't think its classes as shabby chic?!

I have one of those ikea drawers on my computer desk. Such a clever makeover. I need to check out the link in more detail.

Fab :)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    I have to post my latest project here :j

I bought these babies yesterday as they looked adorable in the jars of the haverdashery section of a wool shop.

I had to have them.

I recently put 60 pulls into my bedspread to make it look quilted and thought these would finish it beautifully.

photo-720.jpg

It took me a few hours of stitching them on but it was so worthwhile.

I've just put it on the bed and LOVE it!!!

photo-746.jpg
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    gorgeous and so romantic. ♥
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    weet woo love it :T
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • RedLass
    RedLass Posts: 185 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 January 2013 at 10:38PM
    This thread is so inspiring, I can't wait to get started on my first project, and it's just around the corner.

I'm doing a surprise bedroom make-over for my OH parents while they're away for 6 weeks and we're on a bit of a budget, so can't afford to buy new. I am pretty sure in the spare room they have an old pine wide chest of drawers that I'm hoping to upcycle :T At least, I think the top and drawer fronts are pine, the rest might be chip board or... I dunno, whatever the fake stuff usually is!

Having read through a few pages I intend to do as follows:
    1. Clean with a damp cloth
    2. Lightly sand all over
    3. One coat prime all over - Is this the stuff? http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=443165
    4. As many coats of eggshell as it takes!
    Job done... I hope! Does that sound about right?

This is the colour I am thinking of using: http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=305292

And I LOVE these knobs to go with it:
    normal_clear-cut-crystal-diamond-glass-cupboard-knob.jpg?1352461924

Will continue to read with interest and as soon as I can get into the house I'll nab a picture of the drawers.
  • danemi1
    danemi1 Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    Beautiful!!!!!!
    jumblejack wrote: »
    I have to post my latest project here :j

I bought these babies yesterday as they looked adorable in the jars of the haverdashery section of a wool shop.

I had to have them.

I recently put 60 pulls into my bedspread to make it look quilted and thought these would finish it beautifully.

photo-720.jpg

It took me a few hours of stitching them on but it was so worthwhile.

I've just put it on the bed and LOVE it!!!

photo-746.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport