DRO Application. How long once submitted?

My intermediary sent over my DRO to the Insolvency Service yesterday. I have read that it can be processed and approved within 24-48 hours.
Is this still the case?
I am checking the Insolvency Service website as I assume it will be listed there first.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I think due to the volumes of new applications at present, the timescales have been extended somewhat.

It will appear on the insolvency register first yes.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    It's improving a bit now. Two or three working days.
  • portofcall
    portofcall Posts: 53 Forumite
    I was informed that National Debt Line now has a 9 week waiting list from application to speak to an intermediary. Fortunately, I went with the CAB, who were absolutely fantastic and fast.
  • moosetastic
    moosetastic Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    When I applied last January the DRO was submitted at 2 in the afternoon and I heard that it had been accepted at 9.30 the following morning
    You're so very special, I wish I was special :dance:

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    When I applied last January the DRO was submitted at 2 in the afternoon and I heard that it had been accepted at 9.30 the following morning

The old system used to be quick like that.

The new system (DRO2) seems to have inbuilt delay and I doubt it'll ever be that fast.
  • portofcall
    portofcall Posts: 53 Forumite
    Well, I applied for mine on a Thursday and the intermediary emailed me on the following Monday to tell me it had been accepted.
    Two days later I received the official DRO from the insolvency Office!
    All in all very quick indeed which surprised me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure