Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• zenbanana
    zenbanana Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    bungyboo wrote: »
    Anyone used the others - any good? is Mutual Points similar to themutual.net?

I've not used mutual points, but there is a similar site called imutual which pays cashback and shares. I joined earlier this year and have been very impressed so far. No idea if the shares will ever be worth anything but the cashback seems reliable and often better than what I could have got at top cashback. HTH
    The path to enlightenment is a yellow fruit
  • bungyboo
    bungyboo Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you oh fruity one :)

I shall take a look
  • zenbanana
    zenbanana Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2013 at 10:07AM
    Options
    Moneyfacts are running a survey on what people think of cashback sites they have used

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NMMZPTP

You also get entered into a draw to win a £1000. :) When you've finished it sends you back to quidco so I assume this link is specific to them (I took it from their twitter page). But it asks for comments on all cashback sites you have used
    The path to enlightenment is a yellow fruit
  • kirst2203
    Options
    Hi sorry if this has been asked before but is cashback a form of income? As in do i need to declare it to HMRC? Thanks
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kirst2203 wrote: »
    Hi sorry if this has been asked before but is cashback a form of income? As in do i need to declare it to HMRC? Thanks

I have read several articles and it is not classed as income, so you don't need to declare to HMRC or any other agencies.
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone else having problems with TopCashback?

I've been waiting about 10 months for tracked cashback from Red Spotted Hanky to come through. I contacted TCB but they asked me to wait four more weeks!
  • ernie-money
    Options
    If you're looking at updating info regarding cashback sites, I would just like to recommend a site that isn't featured in the article at all. I found getpoundsback.co.uk after reading someone's recommendation on the forum here, and they are incredibly good and reliable. I'm not sure if it's a very small team who runs it, because every time I've had a problem, I've had a response from someone called Neil, and he is very helpful. So far I have not had one single transaction declined (since Dec 2012). I have had to raise a few claims, but all been approved, and their rates are very competitive too.
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dekkard wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with TopCashback?

I've been waiting about 10 months for tracked cashback from Red Spotted Hanky to come through. I contacted TCB but they asked me to wait four more weeks!
    Dunno about problems but I have got two missing cashback claims open at the mo (one tracked and confirmed at £0 and one, worth about £20, that didn't track at all) and only ever had to open two ever in the 2-3 years I've been using them.
  • bash2014
    Options
    JDPower wrote: »
    Dunno about problems but I have got two missing cashback claims open at the mo (one tracked and confirmed at £0 and one, worth about £20, that didn't track at all) and only ever had to open two ever in the 2-3 years I've been using them.

Do these relate to specific companies? I've used TCB for 18months now and not had an issue with tracking. I have noticed though that some companies take a long time to pay out. If I remember correctly, TCB also has something in place to match other cashback sites if they're offering more cashback
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bash2014 wrote: »
    Do these relate to specific companies?
    One is only for a quid or so (Bespoke offers) so not too bothered about that. The other is a £30 cashback from RAC, though looking at their recent reviews it seems I'm not alone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback