Moneybarn car loan

13»

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    High charges and high interest rates are because they lend to those that are risky and may not pay it all back. It maybe their business model.

And in your case you proved them right, that lending is risky and keep charges high.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• dresdendave
    dresdendave Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Solcom wrote: »
    I now lease a brand new 40k E class threw my new business��

My main means of transportation is a pushbike but I'll console myself with the knowledge I know the difference between "threw" and "through".
  • Proofreading business is it?
    DF :grin:
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 July 2017 at 10:14AM
    Solcom wrote: »
    Tarambor
    I had to go with moneybarn and there extortionate rates thanks to my ex partners destruction of my credit between 4 and 6 years ago.
    I had no problem at all meeting the payments until i lost my job.
    Sometimes people have no choice than to use these kind of lenders and getting into financial difficulties can happen to any of us

I agree with Pixie that's you deflecting attention from your own decisions again. You could have bought a much cheaper car instead of spending £19k on a Merc. This is what you were doing when you bought a £9k car at this interest rate. The payments were high and you had an insufficient buffer against being out of work, you didn't even have any credit card you could use to buffer the payments for a few months.

As she said, doesn't help now but may help in future when considering consequences of your actions which you seemingly haven't done yet with your decision to lease a £40k car when you are "struggling" to start up your business.
  • 27cool
    27cool Posts: 267 Forumite
    "Threw"? That's an interesting way to spell "through".
    As you are the one who broke the contract. Why should they put themselves out in any way to accommodate your requirements.
  • My main means of transportation is a pushbike.

I have 6 bicycles, different rigs for different gigs. I have a car too - a rusty old supermini which is probably worth less than all but one of the bikes. Being summer, it has been weeks since I used it & I can't actually remember where I parked it. One of the roads near my house probably, but will need to go for a bit of a walk round to find it. This is a lifestyle chosen carefully and deliberately, after being dissatisfied with a previous life in which I had to sit in a car far too often, getting fat.

These days I'm no spring chicken, but am as fit as a butchers dog & the £££ saved make a nice Brucey bonus.

Car loans- be like Zammo - just say no
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport