Devastated

Woke up this morning to find my sweet 16 year old cat dead. She was on the windowsill in the living room. It was one of her favourite places to sit as she could keep an eye on the garden from there.

I'm devastated - it was totally unexpected. She had been in good health and playing with her sister in the garden yesterday. I guess she probably had a heart attack.

At least she was in one of her favourite places. I just hope her passing was quick and pain free.

Run free at Rainbow Bridge, Sammy xx
Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
Mortgage free since 2014 :)

Comments

• snozberry
    snozberry Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    If we are going to choose the way to go, I think that I would like to go curled up in my favourite spot as well. It does sound as though she didn't suffer and, quite possibly, went in her sleep. I think that you should take great comfort in that.

It is never easy when they go and I am dreading the day when mine cross the rainbow bridge as well.

Run free sweetie and great big hugs for you
  • Sorry to hear that.

Probably peaceful glad to say.

Cats>>>>>Dogs
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thank you.

I do take comfort from the fact she was in her favourite place and seemed peaceful. Her eyes were open but she wasn't curled up but she looked calm. And my last images of her are happy ones.

Gutted I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
  • snozberry
    snozberry Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Gutted I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

That would upset me immensely as well
  • Oh no
    I am so sorry for your loss and feel your heartbreak.
    Last September I had to say goodbye to the biggest part of my life, in the most sudden, and shockingly horrible way, it takes time to recover so grieve for her and in time the memories will be less sad (I've made myself well up now)
    Luv and hugs to you xoxo
  • Hi
    I have received a leter from a solicitor on behalf of Barclays partner finace because I missed one payment from a payment agreement I had with them. Now they have temanated my finace and want me to surrender my car or they will seek a reposesion order from the court. I need the car for my work or I will lose my job. Can i offer a monthly payment to there solicitor or will they defo take my car even tho without the car I won't be able to pay anything to them if i lose my job.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Jimmyftb wrote: »
    Hi
    I have received a leter from a solicitor on behalf of Barclays partner finace because I missed one payment from a payment agreement I had with them. Now they have temanated my finace and want me to surrender my car or they will seek a reposesion order from the court. I need the car for my work or I will lose my job. Can i offer a monthly payment to there solicitor or will they defo take my car even tho without the car I won't be able to pay anything to them if i lose my job.

Wrong board. Try reposting here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257 and deleting this one
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 18 January at 9:20PM
    Catsacor wrote: »
    Oh no
    I am so sorry for your loss and feel your heartbreak.
    Last September I had to say goodbye to the biggest part of my life, in the most sudden, and shockingly horrible way, it takes time to recover so grieve for her and in time the memories will be less sad (I've made myself well up now)
    Luv and hugs to you xoxo

Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Heartbreaking.

Right now, my focus is making sure that Sammy's litter sister is coping. They were never really close but tolerated each other but I think she is very much aware of what has happened. In fact, Suzy, woke me this morning and led me in to the living room before going to her food bowl. It's going to be hard on her for a while as she will be at home for long periods on her own as I work full time but I will make sure she gets the attention she needs whilst I am around.

I take great comfort in knowing that Sammy probably didn't suffer and that I can remember her for looking healthy to the end and not watching her suffer or decline. She also passed in one of her favourite places doing one of her favourite past times of watching the garden for birds and the local cats.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    So sorry to hear that! :( at least it was peaceful for her
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Heartbreaking.

Right now, my focus is making sure that Sammy's litter sister is coping. They were never really close but tolerated each other but I think she is very much aware of what has happened. In fact, Suzy, woke me this morning and led me in to the living room before going to her food bowl. It's going to be hard on her for a while as she will be at home for long periods on her own as I work full time but I will make sure she gets the attention she needs whilst I am around.

I take great comfort in knowing that Sammy probably didn't suffer and that I can remember her for looking healthy to the end and not watching her suffer or decline. She also passed in one of her favourite places doing one of her favourite past times of watching the garden for birds and the local cats.

Yes it is devasting but you have to hold on to the fact that 16 is a good age and you have not had to make the 'decision'.

Our dog is 17 this year and not in the best of health. It probably sounds awful but I am hoping she goes just like this before we have to take her to the vet for one last time.

Treasure your memories.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport