Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »

In other news.... I went for a walk in the rain today... my new waterproof trousers are good and kept me mostly dry... however my waterproof coat is as waterproof as a tea bag.... so that's next item to purchase (although decorating the hallway and landing is costing a small fortune at the moment!)

Have a look in Lidl, they have a 'walking' week started today with boots, shoes and jackets all claiming to be waterproof, I got one of the jackets and it seems OK although the rain was not that heavy when I was out trying it, if I had one complaint though, it is not quite long enough for my liking, I prefer them further down below the belt line so that the run-off is onto my legs rather than my crotch.
  • singhini
    Options
    40.58 km this week (roughly 25 miles)

So I need to change strategy and stop hill walking on the treadmill (i.e. 5.5 kph @ 10.5% incline for 1 hour) and start running 1 hour for 6 days a week at 10 kph @ 0% incline if I'm going to run 2017 km this year

PS - I don't understand why on this part of the MSE forum I cant see any emoji's for me to paste into my post?

Good luck to all
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Posting after a long hiatus, with life getting in the way!

Getting very close now!

1903.86 miles walked as of midnight last night. Would hope to reach the target within 2 weeks.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    Just out of curiousity I checked todays miles against time taken.
    13 miles in 4 hours 15 minutes
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I managed that in 3hrs in the GNR :(
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

Just looking back to the last full week that I did around that length of time was 4hrs 30 mins. Which was for 31.5 miles.

That was just a series of short training runs during the week so mostly gentle stuff.

That's the only reason I can fit in enough miles! If I didn't run them I would never fit them in!
    Barny1979 wrote: »

Good effort on completing :j:j
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »

It took me a while to figure out what GNR was :o

Good going though, I just did mine dog walking and it was spread out over the whole day from 6:50am first walk to 20:45 home from last walk.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2017 at 10:59AM
    Options
    The two are not mutually exclusive! I work 55 hours a week and spend 15 horus commuting, might be a bit late to get 2000 in now though.

Well done jonbvn, think youa re going to be the first to reach 2000. Are you going to try for 3000...go on, bet you can.

Well done Barney on the GNR.

As suual I will update at the end of the month. Tendonitis has eased off a bit, had a couple of days where I've not been able to squeeze in any walks druing the day and a few days away for work, but I think I'm around about on course.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    Well done jonbvn, think youa re going to be the first to reach 2000. Are you going to try for 3000...go on, bet you can.

Harrumph :(:naughty:
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Harrumph :(:naughty:

Oh Wiz:( I will go and beat myself round the head with one of Monday's unwashed socks as a way of making up for my faux pas (there is no icon for this, but really there should be).:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure