What did you do after your first M&S Regular Saver finished?

My M&S regular will soon mature. The switch condition did not exist when I joined. I don't have an account to switch and I have to run through the numbers to see if it is all worth the hassle including other annoyances like their awful online banking. Anyway, I am curious, what have you done or what will you do?

a) switch an existing unneeded account
b) get an account specifically to switch
c) not bother doing it again

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If this affected me, I would choose a) if I had a redundant account to switch, otherwise b)

...but I've already bagged the switching incentive from M&S and started my second regular saver under the 'old rules' where no switch or DD was required.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'd go with a) or b)

Like Vortigern, I've already switched an account for the M&S bonus. It had one DD on it so I'll need to set up another before I try to renew.

The online banking is indeed dire, but generally I use SO to xfer in only enough to fund the monthly saver & DD. If I'm planning a shopping trip (or online), I xfer a bit more in and use my M&S debit card for the reward vouchers.

Its a bit of hassle but @ 6%, still worth it to me;)
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I would do (a) (edit: or (b) if I didn't have an unneeded account already).

As it happened I had already switched into my M&S account in order to obtain a bonus when I first got it, so that box was already ticked. However I did set up the two DDs just so I could renew the regular saver.
  • hoc
    hoc Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a similar dilemma. If I had a spare account to switch I would use that obviously, I think the question was rather if you don't have a sacrifice account would you bother getting one? The interest at the end of the regular is about 100. Worst case, if you had lump sum at best FSCS at 1.27% you get about 40. So, is it worth going through the hassle of opening and switching for 60? Probably since it is only once, not every year, compared relatively to other rates. But with Brexit who knows what will happen to interests and pound.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure