British Gas Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Payless_2
    Payless_2 Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    Why have I just had yet another letter saying that my switchover has been delayed for another 3 weeks? I have never had problems switching supplier before
  • British_Gas_Rep_Jamie_Lee
    British_Gas_Rep_Jamie_Lee Posts: 20 Organisation Representative
    Chrishazle wrote: »
    Well, the fun continues. A week ago a member of the switch teak said she'd call back in 2 days, she finally called at lunchtime today (apologising profusely) to say my account was now set up, gave me the account number and said the switch had been backdated to 22nd February when I gave the meter readings they asked for, and that first money will be taken 5th April at the correct amount. I'm thinking - result!

Log onto my Sainsburys account, it's showing the readings I gave on 22nd Feb - they took money on 7th March, between the 2 accounts (gas and elec) there's about £29 to come back. That looks OK.

Then try to log onto my BG account using Firefox - login page does not work. Mess around, call the online help team, I can get logged in (very slowly) using IE but not Firefox, so now something in my PC is not right. All looks correct on my BG account until I check the Nectar reg - which has the correct card, account name and BG account but shows Closed, please call CS team, which I do. He can't figure it out so wil investigate and call back on Tuesday. All told about 1 hour on the phone for little progress!

The saga continues - but at least I've escaped a week or 2 on Sainsbury's standard tariff!!

Hi ChrisHazle, I can check your Nectar card details out for you, if you'd like to send me a quick email with your account details on to talktous@britishgas.co.uk. Please also include your MSE name & the thread you replied on. Thanks, Jamie-Lee
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    It would appear that my switch has gone through and I am £100+ in credit.

The on-line account confirms receipt of that amount which was paid on 16th March(yes 16th!)
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    RalphS wrote: »
    The elusive page wasn't specifically accessed. Having clicked every possible link very many times, it just appeared. Wasn't prepared to investigate why in case it evaporated again.

Thanks anyway, Ralph
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2016 at 8:05AM
    Hi basketcase, Having read through your other posts to this forum I understand that your supply has now started with us.
    As we’ve received your meter readings & confirmed these back to you, there will be no problems starting your account to these from the transfer date.
    Cheers, Jamie.

Thanks for getting back, Jamie. However, now I'm a bit confused.

Does this mean I don't have to resubmit the readings after all? And can I therefore ignore the email telling me you can't process my meter readings and want them again?

I've logged on to My Account and, although the rest of the info looks OK (DD details etc), the readings box is still a rotating circle!

ETA: And I have a gas account, but not an electricity account in the drop down menu.
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Hi Jamie. I notice you have replied to a lot of posts on this thread - could you please take a look at mine above (page 10 of the thread) and give me a view on how I should proceed?
  • British_Gas_Rep_Danny
    British_Gas_Rep_Danny Posts: 12 Organisation Representative
    Payless wrote: »
    Why have I just had yet another letter saying that my switchover has been delayed for another 3 weeks? I have never had problems switching supplier before

Hi Payless, let us take a look at this for you. We can find out what's causing the delay. You can either call our Collective Switch Team on 08009759712 or email your details to talktous@britishgas.co.uk. If you choose to email please include your MSE username in the subject line. Cheers, Danny
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • British_Gas_Rep_Danny
    Civvy21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm switching energy suppliers for the first time. At present i get my gas from British Gas and my electricity from EDF.

I'm switching via MSE British Gas Collective 4. I opted fordual fuel. I have just received an email from British Gas but it only mentions electricity. Is gas dealt with seperately?

Thanks

Hi Civvy21, let me take a look at this for you. The email refers to elec only as that is coming from a different supplier. We can check and make sure everything is running smoothly for you though. You can either call the Collective Switch Team on 08009759712 or send your details to talktous@britishgas.co.uk. Please include your MSE username in the subject line of the email. Cheers, Danny
  • British_Gas_Rep_Danny
    chezzers wrote: »
    Starting to wish I hadn't signed up for the collective switch. Don't get me wrong, great tariff and saving money, but what a hassle.

Was supposed to have dual fuel switch over on 24th February. Checked all my e-mails, gave readings via website and electricity was changed over no problem. No indication of when gas would be changed over (only noticed when checked account online). No e-mails or letters received from British Gas, so decided to e-mail them. I have just received an e-mail back from them asking me to give them details they should have had from the collective switch application (meter serial number and previous supplier) and my start meter readings. Sounds like they never processed the full switch to begin with. Having been with BG before, I am counting down the time to switch away from them for good.

Hi Chezzers, I'm sorry you're thinking of switching away already. I hope all your issues are resolved now but if not we'd be happy to look at anything for you. You can either contact our Collective Switch Team on 08009759712 or email all the details to talktous@britishgas.co.uk and we'll pick it up for you. If you chose to email please put your MSE username in the subject line. Cheers, Danny
  • British_Gas_Rep_Danny
    zoltane41 wrote: »
    Please help!
    I switched through the energy club to Sainsbury's (British Gas) last June, then switched again through the collective fix to British Gas (Feb 2017).
    I submitted meter readings when requested,
    I had an email from British Gas last night telling me that I owed £168 and that if I didn't pay immediately, they would employ debt collectors and my credit rating would be at risk. This related to my final bill with British Gas/Sainsbury's.
    I was terrified and tried to pay online as requested, but it wouldn't let me because the first bill under the new tariff with British Gas shows my account as being £198 in credit!
    My customer number has been changed, but all my other details are the same e.g.. name , address, meter number etc.
    I have mental health problems and am really worried that unless I pay what they want, they will set debt collectors onto me - but I can't understand why my new account is £198 in credit, yet they say that I owe them £168.
    I have never been in debt - always pay bills by direct debit. I don't know what to do.
    Please advise me!

Hi zoltane41,

Please don't be too concerned we're here to help find out what's going on for you. Please email your details to talktous@britishgas.co.uk and we'll make sure we get everything sorted for you.

Cheers, Danny
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback