PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Im joining, solicitor has our 10% deposit and we're aiming for completion on... Friday 13th!
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Congratulations to those who have exchanged, good luck for the moves.

My seller apparently wants to complete on the 23rd, my buyer apparently has a date in mind to complete but isn't sharing it with us but their buyer who is bottom isn't ready to exchange yet so i'm not counting any chickens yet.
    Also I've just had my final reports through & paperwork to sign, the seller has now decided to remove the oven (range), not something I was expecting to need to buy as when I viewed again after the chain was linked up they said they were leaving it as all their stuff is going into storage & don't have a house to go to & I only had to query something about it as the fixtures and fittings form was as clear as mud relating to it & now this at the last minute :( I will mostly be hunting on gumtree me thinks but I need the connection details and dimensions, not sure whether to go through the solicitor, estate agent or try to get them direct?
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • purpleparrotuk
    Options
    Congratulations to those who have exchanged, good luck for the moves.

My seller apparently wants to complete on the 23rd, my buyer apparently has a date in mind to complete but isn't sharing it with us but their buyer who is bottom isn't ready to exchange yet so i'm not counting any chickens yet.
    Also I've just had my final reports through & paperwork to sign, the seller has now decided to remove the oven (range), not something I was expecting to need to buy as when I viewed again after the chain was linked up they said they were leaving it as all their stuff is going into storage & don't have a house to go to & I only had to query something about it as the fixtures and fittings form was as clear as mud relating to it & now this at the last minute :( I will mostly be hunting on gumtree me thinks but I need the connection details and dimensions, not sure whether to go through the solicitor, estate agent or try to get them direct?

I would ask for money off the house if you knew it was included when you offered. If you didn't then you obviously cant. Go through the EA for the cooker dimensions, solicitor will not want to deal with this. My solicitor told me the other day that on another sale she did the buyers asked her to find out what the broadband speed was. That was just a ridiculous query she should not be dealing with!
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats HGW2012! How exciting! :beer:
    Hope everyone else gets some joy on this long and frustrating wait soon.
    I'm a bit giddy today, I finally got an answer from my solicitor on potential dates. He said he's going to chase our vendor for their replies to our enquiries and provided these come back satisfactory and our buyers are ready then we could complete in about 2 weeks! Eeeeeek! So I'm hoping for around October 20th or 27th, fingers crossed! Either would be great as that second week is half term so my husband will also be off work to either pack up at one side or unpack and settle in at the other. :j
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Updated timeline:
    * 27/7 - current property listed for sale
    * 29/7 - offer accepted from buyers for current property, our offer accepted from vendor on new property
    * 3/8 - mortgage application received
    * 6/8 - solicitors instructed and forms received
    * 15/8 - valuation survey carried out on purchase property
    * 18/8 - valuation survey carried out on current property
    * 21/8 - our mortgage offer confirmed
    * 26/8 - survey on current property returned, property under-valued (Countrywide strikes again!)
    * 1/9 - negotiations fail, buyers pull out, current property relisted for sale
    * 14/9 - current property under reduced offer with new buyers
    * 15/9 - vendor's contract documents received from solicitors and enquiries raised
    * 16/9 - buyers' offer formalised, our mortgage offer readjusted
    * 19/9 - buyers' survey/valuation booked
    * 21/9 - updated mortgage offer received
    * 22/9 - contract received for sale
    * 23/9 - mortgage deed signed and witnessed
    * 25/9 - valuation & home buyers report survey carried out on existing property
    * 28/9 - valuation & home buyers report on existing property returned, all ok!
    * 29/9 - enquiries received from buyers' solicitor
    * 3/10 - all enquiries from buyers answered and supporting documents provided
    * 4/10 - vendors' replies to enquiries chased, potential completion date of 20/10 mentioned
    * 5/10 - buyers' electrician booked to test the electrics on current property
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I would ask for money off the house if you knew it was included when you offered. If you didn't then you obviously cant. Go through the EA for the cooker dimensions, solicitor will not want to deal with this. My solicitor told me the other day that on another sale she did the buyers asked her to find out what the broadband speed was. That was just a ridiculous query she should not be dealing with!

Thanks am mulling it over
    It was detailed in the estate agents details but not specifically stated as included/excluded, when I viewed the vendor said they were leaving it, then the fixtures & fittings form turned up detailing an oven/grill inc, hob inc & cooker excl which didn't make sense for the 1 unit (hob & grill integral) that it is so clarified & got presented with this.
    I've heard from some that if something is detailed on the listing it is included, will be discussing with the agent when he calls back about going to get the dimensions & details.

Looking like it is hopefully on for the 23rd assuming the investor at the bottom completes their lender paperwork (slightly concerned that it suggests they may not have a full mortgage offer yet)
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Into week 5, solicitors ring the wife for a payment for mine searches after all other searches back. Wouldn't be arsed but they already knew a mining search was required, incompetent !!!!!!!s, already in the initial quote, I'm seriously going to drive to Carlisle and rip these cowboys a new one.

On a more positive note its cold and its raining.
  • Fiesto88
    Fiesto88 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Paperwork all signed, but two enquiries still haven’t been addressed satisfactorily. Both are relatively simple documents, so if they can be provided quickly (chasers from solicitor and ourselves to the EA sent today) we could theoretically be ready to exchange/complete by the end of next week. Not holding my breath though as I have a feeling the required paperwork doesn’t exist and will need to be retrospectively obtained.

If it does all come together for Friday 13th, it’ll have been 10 weeks exactly since offer accepted.
  • pollyannaL
    pollyannaL Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Paid my deposit today (was a little nerve racking!)
    Exchanging tomorrow and completion Friday.

It's been the slowest 12 weeks of my life, and all my excitement has long gone! Hope it comes back when i'm in the house Friday.

Good luck everyone else.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    I'm joining. Signed contracts yesterday, waiting to exchange! It was at this point in our last sale that it collapsed, though - our buyers' buyers pulled out. This time around we have first time buyers so fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone else waiting to exchange :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing