123 Active direct debits

arsenalboy
arsenalboy Posts: 448 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 27 September 2016 at 10:48PM in Savings & investments
Advice please.

I have been running a 123 a/c for a couple of years with the full 20k and have always received the interest and cashback each month because I have ticked all the boxes.

Over the last month I have been spring cleaning direct debits due to BOS requirements.

So at beginning of my monthly a/c period I had 3 active dd's, during the period I closed 2 of them but added another, so at the end of the charging period I had 2 active dd's. During the charging period 4 dd payments hit the account. Funding requirement was also met.

The effect of this is that they have not paid me my £50 interest or circa £6 cashback.

I queried this by secure messaging and got a reply that said I had only added the second direct debit during the month.
I replied and said but there were 3 at the beginning and 2 active at the end.
They have replied and said there were 2 days during the month when there was only one, which is true.

I have looked at general terms and specific terms online. The only reference I can see is that you "must have 2 active dd's". There is no mention anywhere that they must be in place for each day of the month.

Before I go back for a third time, have I missed anything?

Comments

• Freecall
    Freecall Posts: 1,306 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes you have.

They are a mega-institution whereas you are just a simple punter.

You have the ability to write a detailed letter querying the finer points of their T's&C's. They have the ability to produce a standard reply along the lines of :-

'We thank you for you message but unfortunately...... etc ... please do not respond to this message as this is an automated reply and this mailbox is unattended.'

Apart from that, what you say makes sense to me.
    :)
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    The only reference I can see is that you "must have 2 active dd's". There is no mention anywhere that they must be in place for each day of the month.

But you agree that, for a period, you didn't. Make sure that you overlap when you're changing DDs in future - and move on.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I would raise a formal complaint. Their T&Cs only specify that there is to be 2 active DDs in place. It does not mention they have to be in place for the whole of the charging period. I had a few days with only one DD in place and interest and cash back was paid. The only reason that I would imagine not being paid would be if the rules were not met on the statement date.
  • mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    molerat wrote: »
    I would raise a formal complaint.

Seconded. Can't hurt and shouldn't take too long to put together.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure