Suspected affair - Tracking a mobile phone

Options

Comments

• Millerdog
    Millerdog Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Probably going to get flamed for this suggestion BUT how about buying a secondhand iphone on payg and activating the Find Friends app. Then you can 'lose' it down the side of the seat or in the pocket/boot of his car. You would then of course only be trying to find your own spare phone!!!!
    I may not have thanked you but I meant to, honest!
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think a tracker would prove an affair. If you ask him to install it he will probably just become more secretive. If you don't and he finds out then that could cause even more issues with him not trusting you and using that to justify his behaviour.
    Sounds drastic but I agree with the private detective option. Had a family friend who had a business doing that ( amongst other investigations) and its surprisingly common that he was hired for cases of suspected cheating. At least you will have proper proof.
    Have a think about the bigger picture. What will you do if he is cheating? What will you do if he isn't caught? Would you be satisfied or still suspicious?
    Have you ever been able to look at his phone? That seems the obvious thing to do. Sneaky but actually if he is behaving suspicious and not being open with you I don't see why its a problem. If he has nothing to hide what's the issue?
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pushing40 wrote: »
    Ok, lots of replies on this thread have given me a bit of a wake up call, so thank you to all of you.

But... can anyone answer this for me (as I really don't know the answer)...

If it's illegal to track someone without their permission/knowledge, even your spouse, why do such websites exist that claim they can tell you the location of any mobile phone?

In words of one syllable - YES! There are cases reported in the national newspapers every day of someone or other being sentences for doing so.

But forget about them - even if your OH is not having an affair, your marriage is basically f**ked because you do not trust him. Unless the two of you have mutual trust, there is no partnership.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you really suspect hi, of having an affair then I guess he’s the type of man who would lead you to suspect or he leads his like in such a way? Or are you the insecure type?
    If it’s not the latter - I’d be considering was this the sort of marriage I wanted.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But forget about them - even if your OH is not having an affair, your marriage is basically f**ked because you do not trust him

Maybe she trusted him for many years until he started to act suspicious. It could be that he really isn't but OP is going through a 'time in her life' that makes her a bit emotional above normal, or maybe he is acting odd, but the reason is not because he is with another woman.

That's why it's better to do things on the quiet, so that if indeed OP is finding that she let her suspicious mind get the better of her, she can tell herself to stop being silly and move on.
  • globetraveller
    globetraveller Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    She can't move on in this relationship. Read her last thread. It is quite depressing. That's why she needs to move on. Her life has been miserable for quite some time. She just needs the strength to take the first step out on her own.
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If he has the google maps app on his phone turn on location history and you can see where he goes
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 March 2018 at 11:24AM
    Options
    Say a few times your phone is playing up. On your way out the door on a day you'll need it, ask to borrow his. Ask his password if you don't have it. If he makes excuses for you not to take it, that'd be enough evidence for me. If he lets you take the phone (he may delete stuff on it first) you suspect he will ring her to warn her from the home phone, make sure you can access itemised calls to see what numbers have been dialled.

Ex husband did it to me. The signs were there. You're seeing them already too. I wish I'd lied and said someone had called me saying he was cheating on me. I suspected and he denied. And denied. And denied.

Honestly, you could catch some of them halfway through the act and they'd say they'd slipped and fallen on top of the babysitter! Even without kids, they make you believe it lol!

Follow him in a friend's car. It's the only way to be sure.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pushing40 wrote: »
    And do what with it? Put it in his car?

If you have a strong stomach and are not at work, try googling polyembolokoilamania for a much more effective/practical application/ :D
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Say a few times your phone is playing up. On our way out the door on a day you'll need it, ask to borrow his. Ask his password if you don't have it. If he makes excuses for you not to take it, that'd be enough evidence for me. If he keeps you take the phone (if may delete stuff on it first) you suspect he will ring her to warn her from the home phone, make sure you can access itemised calls to see what numbers have been dialled. - what something like - no, it's my phone and I may need it?

Ex husband did it to me. The signs were there. You're seeing them already too. I wish I'd lied and said someone had called me saying he was cheating on me. I suspected and he denied. And denied. And denied.

Honestly, you could catch some of them halfway through the act and they'd say they'd slipped and fallen on top of the babysitter! Even without kids, they make you believe it lol!

Follow him in a friend's car. It's the only way to be sure.
    I don't think stalking him is the answer, the OP will become obsessed.

She wont stop until she finds something, even if it's years down the line and the marriage is long since dead.

for example.

Monday Nothing
    Tuesday Nothing
    Wednesday Nothing
    But what if it happens on Thursday, or 7 weeks on Saturday?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure