Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    You can sign up to the Visa tap and win until 31Jan. HTH

Think the HSBC one has ended.

Yes HSBC ended in early December (adding a new card - a few days left of my existing card) :(.

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    Hi guys I'm trying to start on the tap programme.

Is had the Android Pay app on my phone for ages and had one card on it for a while so I logged on as another Gmail user and used a different card. I have done several tap payments but there have been no sign of any envelope rewards.

What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated. Do I need a different phone??

Yes it seems to be first use of adding a Visa to the app - existing users could get some promo in November up to 22nd if I recall.

You will likely need a different phone(or Droid tablet with appropriate spec) to activate it. You will see from recent discussions some people have managed to add a new Gmail account on their existing phone and activated the promo, others not.

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    As I understand it, comparison stays live for 7 days after going OOS. Last reported in stock I think was last Thursday so buy at own risk.

It appears people are still having good results today (it looked promising as MSM which uses the same rule - 7 days OOS before disappearing - is still showing some of the items today). I suspect tomorrow it will be over unless W had them somewhere in the background that the APG computer picked up.

Anon
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Loving the Weetabix promotion:T:T

Have you compared the price with the non- brand Weetabix. I find they taste the same.
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Morning

Quick question

What do you do with the old phones once you have used all the "wins"

Ebay or CEX I would guess.

ROCKINGHAM wrote: »
    Need help as downstairs I have light fittings on a double dimmer switch but I have now used all my old type 40w light bulbs. Light fittings have shades on them which fit over the bulb. What bulbs can I buy now to replace them. Read that some are not suitable for a double dimmer.

Appreciate any advice. TIA

Find bulbs with nearly the same wattage eg halogen and they will work fine.

Costa Question. Where do all the droid costa vouchers get stored? I haven't done droid as I only have an iPhone, but wonder if the costa vouchers were available anywhere.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2018 at 1:22PM
    Options
    ATM update: Bclys contactless says 'sorry unable to read your card (non-B card) but produces the goods.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    How much did you actually pay for the yogs Claire, did the offer not come off on the bottom of your receipt?

I paid £3 Chris all scanned!
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    morning all,
    wet and dreary here today:(

im having trouble printing the princes ..it prints on 2 pages the main coupon on page 1 and the date on page 2.
    I have gone on to preferences and altered the size, the default for this coupon is letter, I changed it to A4 and also a smaller size but it still prints on 2 pages
    Any advice on how to get the date at the bottom of the coupon please?

I use the snipping tool and copy onto a blank word document

Can fit 3 to a page this way

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Talking about overbuying, I got a few "flutter" things from Superdrug yesterday, double packs of lip balm and hand cream, 49p a piece. That is Christmas sorted for 3 of my BF's girls :D
    Lol, I bought those too, when I picked up 2 RTC'd make up advent calendars I ordered before Christmas. Will open them up as I fill an old M&S calendar for our 2 DGDs and also make up mini hampers for the extended family girls we see each Christmas!
    DH thinks I'm mad!!!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ROCKINGHAM

A bit of unconnected information too....In case anyone has LEDs or energy saving lamps....These can interfere with Radio reception and also the TV controls if they are anywhere near the electrical item...I had a problem with my TV once when I put a lamp close the the TV.....The controls stopped working...Changed the batteries ect but still no use...I had bought new controls which still didn't work....Then the penny dropped....:o...Moved the lamp and hey presto...two working controls...:rotfl:

O and whilst on the subject....Don't have your phone to close to your modem....This can reduce the wireless reception in the house...

Hope this helps
    Did know that!!
  • curlgirl
    curlgirl Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Check your local homebase for 110 finish tablets going through at £5 a box.

Thanks for posting this mrs lds , picked up a box today SEL said £10 but went through the till at £5 :T they only had the 1 left on shelf
    Also went to Tesco and got 4 packs of Renova Christmas design toilet roll down to £1 :snow_laug 9 rolls in the pack, but quite small rolls ,would not have paid £4 for them.
    The Tesco own brand Christmas toilet roll & kitchen roll still scanning at full price:sad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure