IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP notice to keeper

Hello

Just arrived back from being away to a notice to keeper from NCP. Having spoken to the driver they paid for parking but on closer inspection of the receipt they put the wrong number plate into the machine (the one they use more regularly out of habit). The machine didn't identify the vehicle so they had to input the entry time. Put in and paid for an hour but looking at the notice they had arrived 20 minutes earlier than they thought and the ANPR will have picked up a different car going in and out and no payment received for that vehicle.

This is a genuine error and will be appealed. I've read through the newbies thread over the past day or so and I am clear around not identifying the driver and appealing as the registered keeper but have a couple of questions:

1) I use the blue text in the newbie thread for the appeal to NCP? Do I go into anymore detail than what is in the text at this stage?
2) I'm unclear on the 14 day point. The 'incident' happened on the 18th August, notice was posted on 31st August and the 'date notice is given' is 4th September. What does it mean for this appeal that the earliest this notice could have been received was over 14 days after the incident or is this irrelevant?

Thank you.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Follow the advice in the newbies FAQ thread and send the appeal there as is.
  • Thanks Quentin. Should I add anything about the notice arriving provably later than 14 days after the incident as they call it so keeper liability isn't possible... or stop considering the detail too much and just send the blue text... as you've said?

Just for clarity re the blue appeal text. They know who the registered keeper from the DVLA as they have sent the letter so I don't understand the point around them getting more information in relation to the vehicle -what else could they want? The keeper and the registered keeper are the same thing right?

Thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    They know who the registered keeper from the DVLA as they have sent the letter so I don't understand the point around them getting more information in relation to the vehicle

Doesn't matter, makes no difference (and people ask this all the time). Send it 'as is', pat of the reason is because they will recognise you are on MSE. Keeper is usually the registered keeper but I worded the appeal to cover both, so use either term.

Use it as it is, no need to go into detail about the dates at this stage. It already says you must either cancel, 'or issue a POPLA code and rely on the POFA' and that bit is written deliberately because these firms know they can't and are stuffed.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Received a response from NCP. Appeal rejected and have a POPLA code so I'll look through post 3 on the FAQ thread and begin pulling together an appeal. Can I post back on here for it to be critiqued pleased?!
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If you want to use "out of time", then as long as you haven't declared who the driver was, it's a possibility.

Can you give date of contravention and date on NtK (not date you received it)? And just confirm that you are the registered DVLA keeper and no lease/hire involved.
  • Appealed as the keeper, not driver, and not indicated who the driver is, using the blue text in the FAQ thread. The incident took place on 18th August, date sent shown as 31st August and date notice is given is 4th Sept. That's 17 days after the incident (not including the date it occurred). Would the bank holiday make any difference here re out of time? Thank you.
  • The car is on a pcp, is that what you mean, or are you referring to a hire car?
  • Coupon-mad
    Appealed as the keeper, not driver, and not indicated who the driver is, using the blue text in the FAQ thread. The incident took place on 18th August, date sent shown as 31st August and date notice is given is 4th Sept. That's 17 days after the incident (not including the date it occurred). Would the bank holiday make any difference here re out of time? Thank you.

No, the Bank Holiday in the middle makes no odds as it was posted after that.

But yes, you are right with that ''date given'' and the PCN was posted too late.

So that and a quote from the relevant section of Schedule 4 will be the first part of your appeal to POPLA, followed by the usual templates in the NEWBIES thread post #3.
  • Thank you. Will crack on with this and post back on here.

There is actually a reciepted payment for parking but the wrong license plate was entered and the time then estimated hence it not showing up on NCPs records. Is it worth including this in the POPLA appeal or just stick to the various sections you've highlighted?
  • Coupon-mad
    Not worth it, POPLA don't care about that and will consider it breach of contract, because they are (sadly) very narrow in their template remit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure