PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Comments

• DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Mine went on yesterday evening, it was decidedly chilly in Norfolk!
    Slightly bitter
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Not until next month....am hoping to tough it out until then :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • My thermostatic time switch put the heating on this morning. No Problemo!
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The central heating is off probably not to be turned on for a month or so. However, the sitting room fire is lit and it's very cosy in here.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Still not needing any heating although the heavier quilt may be on the bed soon.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Heating still off but sitting here wrapped up looking like a Mrs. Michelin Woman! Need to keep getting up from my book and moving around to get the circulation going.
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sadly had to put it on to dry towels & jeans. It's not cold enough here yet to warrant heating for the ambient temperature but our permanently open loft window has been closed as there's definitely a chill in the breeze these past few days!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Remembered the problems last year with the boiler pressure relief valve, so fixed it. Needed to test it over the past couple of days . . .

Oh and my missus had to have a venesection, always shivers for a few days afterwards, so yeah the heating has been tested a few times during the past few days.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Still not needing any heating although the heavier quilt may be on the bed soon.
    Good idea, I'll get the second quilt on the bed! I was toying with the idea of the HWB this evening but can now see that was premature when I have 2*15 togs to keep me snuggly ;)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Opening all the curtains as wide as possible Whenever the sun shines as this helps to warm the room up. Make a point of closing them in winter as soon as dusk arrives and the temperatures start dropping
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure