A whole new world, for now

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    :wave: Sorry not too chatty.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I went to jog club on Wednesday. I kept pace with the group doing 18 mins of 1 min walk, 1 min jog and covered 3.1k. Was so happy about that :j

Impressive. That seems quite a distance for a short amount of time.:T
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176
    Forumite
    I went to jog club on Wednesday. I kept pace with the group doing 18 mins of 1 min walk, 1 min jog and covered 3.1k. Was so happy about that :j

Brilliant! How's the knee holding out?
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • Visitors, how lovely. My knee is no better and no worse for exercise. It can play up while I'm sitting on the sofa as easily as when I'm out and about so while that's the case, I'm gonna try for the jog club. I'm a fundamentally lazy person but I need to tackle my fitness.
    On Friday, a lady I would have periodically gone to for massage texted me. She'd had a cancellation and knowing why I was no longer a regular, offered it to me free of charge. So yesterday I had a wonderful dekinking and we have worked out a way that I could assist with her husband's business in return. Sometimes, your faith in people gets restored in the most unexpected ways. I also used my £5 off a £25 spend as the wee supermarket is quite close to her premises. Dd will need to buy milk, etc. while we are aware but otherwise I think food supplies are good.

On Friday, OH treated us to tea from the chippy to celebrate the start of his time off but yesterday's food came from fridge and freezer and consisted of on offer and whoopsied items. Yesterday a ridiculous amount of time was spent weeding and planting. Today, grass cutting and weeding of the front garden might be in order. Today I must also go see my mother. We don't have the best relationship and, to be blunt, I've been avoiding her as she constantly is querying about my job. She even asked one of my sisters if she thought I'd been sacked. She just undermines any confidence I have and it's easier to stay away. But she is 86, not in great health and I will soon be on the other side of the world so I have to go see her.
    Also, as if on cue, last night my IBS flared up. I'm currently hoping the anti spasmodic I'm taking since this morning, will release the cramp before I go for a long plane journey.
    I'm also feeling at bit all at sea. It's OH's big 50 on Wednesday and I haven't bought him a thing. I'm trying not to buy frivolous or unnecessary stuff but it seems wrong not to mark it with something.
    Anyhow, best get on before it gets too hot!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,627
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    On Friday, a lady I would have periodically gone to for massage texted me. She'd had a cancellation and knowing why I was no longer a regular, offered it to me free of charge. So yesterday I had a wonderful dekinking and we have worked out a way that I could assist with her husband's business in return.

Brilliant. I love stuff like this. Result. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • It must be hard not having that great a relationship with your mum, if it is always a negative experience for you though I can totally understand why that would be.

Hopefully you can go & have a visit without her bothering you too much.

Oh 50! Yeah you need to mark the occasion, doesn't have to cost the earth thoough.

Hope you find something.

Dxxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    It must be hard not having that great a relationship with your mum, if it is always a negative experience for you though I can totally understand why that would be.

Hopefully you can go & have a visit without her bothering you too much.

Oh 50! Yeah you need to mark the occasion, doesn't have to cost the earth thoough.

Hope you find something.

Dxxx

Couldent put it better myself xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Went and saw mum. Picked up some grocery items for her. Got quite a few freezer items for us whoopsied to between ten and thirty pence. DD will eat while we're away. Also had a health issue today that left me feeling iffy so not much was done. I know it's related to holiday stress so I'm not too concerned. Tomorrow we pack, do jog club, get dd to and from physio, etc. also need to follow up re car insurance after an appalling experience in a branch on Saturday. Odd how I still haven't received the customer complaint information I requested that was to be emailed.
    Today I am grateful for
    DD joining me at visit to my mum. It helps
    Whoopsied food
    Good weather.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • The holiday has been and gone. I am still feeling the effects of the time difference and the travel but that's to be expected. Came home to the house still standing and the car where I left it. Also dd and dog in good form so that's a bonus. Also spoke bRiefly to DS who allocated me about 2 mins while en route to a social engagement.
    We overspent on the holiday and the run up to this. This isn't good but at least we have the money there to cover the spends currently. It's the future income that I'm nervous of.
    We also returned to our rates bill. Not great but I thought it may have been worse.
    While I was away, I was contacted by my former employer who needs help delivering a piece of work for a client. They are being quite mean about likely remuneration but I am setting out my terms and they can take or leave them. These are my standard business terms even though I kinda have them over a barrel but I'm happier to not take advantage. To do so would put me in the same category as them and lack of equity was one of the drivers to leave. The day I went away, I also got word of a tiny piece of work that will have outlay but I will cover my costs so I'm doing it. With these two jobs plus my initial commission, I will be able to return my seed money and will have hit my six month target. There may also be another thing in the pipeline but that's currently hearsay so no chicks are being counted. I've also been emailed by a former colleague, now working elsewhere, who is building a team for a tender submission. It's work I'd like to be involved in so we are discussing tomorrow.
    While I was away, I chased up a part time opportunity where I'd had nothing back. They replied saying the emailed application hadn't been received but they are having their IT people look into it so fingers crossed.
    There is also the opportunity to apply for an incredibly well paid job that I would be interested in. Closing date is 12 tomorrow so today's task is to structure an application and, depending upon how strong a response I can make, submit or otherwise. Interesting that I was sign posted to it by a former client with whom I had a bit of a prickly relationship. Support can come from the oddest of places.
    Yesterday we had an issue where two people, high as kites, went into our back garden having run from paying a taxi fare. It was unsettling as, being me, I stupidly confronted them before calling OH from upstairs or before calling the police. No injury or damage and support came from both a neighbour and the police. Not nice though.
    This Saturday is the family BBQ for my brother in law. Really wish I hadn't offered but would have felt bad if I hadn't. This is his first major birthday since his wife, my sister, died last year and I know she would have wanted it marked in some way. Am concerned about the family tensions and also, the state of my house and the cost!
    Today I will inventory BBQ food and agree a menu with dd and oh.
    I will also get another load of laundry on. First however, I'm gonna tackle mr wii for a weigh in. Fingers crossed it gives me good news. I will also menu plan for the week and buy in some odds and ends of groceries such as salad for OH's lunch.
    I am grateful for
    Seeing progress on diaries here. It spurs me on
    Neighbours
    Returning to find everyone safe and sound
    A panda experience that was jaw dropping
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    Forumite
    Welcome back INOD. I hope you had a good time.

Work all seems to be ticking along nicely. Fingers crossed it all comes together.

That's scary stuff with the people in your garden. There are some dodgy folks out there.

Bad news about coming back to a bill. There's always a brown envelope sitting there after holidays aren't there.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback