A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Today DD is due back from her 4 months stateside. Her flight to heathrow was delayed and she's now unlikely to get her connection. Her plans for culture night now appear to be at risk. I have spoken to her London based brother and told him that he's to answer his phone today in case she needs a bed for the night. He's a bit useless. Yesterday I drove bil and sister to a hospital where he was due to have day surgery. We were no more than 20 mins away when he called as the consultant reviewed him and wasn't convinced that the surgery planned was based on an accurate diagnosis. How scary is that? So, there will be delays, MRI, wasted theatre time, etc. really not good. The most recent report on the NI health service said it was so bad, it wouldn't be tolerated in GB. I've been advised that I am part way through a 75 week wait for an initial appointment in one area and I'm still waiting the 3 month follow up appointment from my last diabetes clinic last October. It is not good. Also, our family gp retires this month. He's a great dr and will be so missed.
    Today I need to hound a client who expects me to deliver a presentation on mon but won't be bothered to confirm requirements or numbers. And to think I got my hair cut for that last night! There's also lots to be done around the house in advance of the dog's return from holidays tomorrow. I'm so excited. I've been in a bit of a mood slump the past day or two. There's little in life as good as a dog to lift your mood.
    Can I please have positive vibes from everyone to get dd home? Thank you
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Positive vibes for DD being beamed right now!:) I hope she has a safe journey.

It's quite frightening what happened to your BIL. And losing a much respected doctor soon is a worry. My GP practice used to be so good, but over the last year they have "improved" (their words not mine!) their booking system and cancelled their late evening appointments - all of which penalises full time workers when trying to book, especially people like me who commute and start out early and get back reasonably late. Also you never seem to see the same doctor twice now!

Hope you have a lovely, cheery reunion with your dog !:)

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Lots of positive vibes for DD.
    Happy reunion with the dog :)

Have a good weekend..
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • DD arrived home after a five hour delay. She was shattered. I had a bit of a bitsy day as I was on standby so to speak. Yesterday, having had a week of unsolicited phone calls, I quite literally screamed down the phone to the extent that I was told I needed to calm down. You can all probably guess my response. I'm seriously contemplating buying a whistle. I find these calls draining and the information commissioner to be beyond useless.
    Yesterday, I finally got hold of the person I'm delivering work to on Monday. She has pulled two thirds of the job. I'm so annoyed as when she first offered it to me, I queried the need.
    On other news, I got a call from a former colleague who left a few years back but who I remained in touch with. He has recommended me to a firm and the partner there called yesterday. I'm meeting him on Tuesday. It's dublin again but it has potential esp since he followed up with an email showing work that they need to resource that I have previously delivered.
    Today I am using the last of the pears in freezable pear and walnut loaves. This is pre the dog's return. I'm also possibly eating from pizzahut this evening thanks to a 50% off email.
    On other news, I spoke to DS yesterday to be told that he's just had his new motorbike stolen and that the police don't think recovery is likely. This is a major hit, financially and otherwise for him. He lives in London and had moved further out to get cheaper accommodation as he had his access to transport. His insurance for any replacement will go through the roof and yet he did everything right. I'm gutted for him.

Yesterday, I got a cheque for £50 from a competition site. They advised a few weeks ago that I had won a computer game, that would have gone on ebay so this was a positive surprise. It's also more than I would have received on resale. OH has four of the many items to go on ebay. No interest as yet but fingers crossed.
    Today I am grateful for
    The safe return of dd
    Positive assistance from friends
    The prospect of pizza
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    That is bad news about DS's moterbike.
    I too loose the plot with these unsolicitated calls from companies that I have no desire to hear from. Bah is all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • So sorry to hear the news of DD's motorbike. Motorbike thefts in London are increasing sadly. I hope he gets everything sorted soon.

Fingers crossed for your Dublin interview on Tuesday.

SSG x
    🌟
  • This is the second motorbike theft. The first one was recovered. Despite that his insurance skyrocketed and he had to pay police pound charges to get it released and had to pay for repairs. The person caught with it was charged with driving without permission as theft couldn't be proven. As he was a minor, he got a slap on the wrist.

I have just weighed myself and there's two pounds on. I can't understand it. I went to jog club twice, ate porridge for breakfast ever day, hit or exceeded my 5 a day target for 5 out of 7 days. I've just drowned my sorrows with sausage, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, egg, tiger bread and tea. Raging! Esp since yesterday I visited te$co to take advantage of the buy 1 get 2 free choc oranges offer. As this was on the milk variety only, I got the three, of which I will need two for stocking, and very virtuously, I thought, put the third in the food bank donation trolley. For all the difference healthy eating made. I could have just eaten it!

Today I will bake and that will use up the last of the gifted pears. I will also make a carrot cake. I will fine tune my slides for tomorrow and will do another few work related tasks. I also need to get laundry done but am fed up with the lingering damp feeling that seems to pervade the house at the minute. I will also figure out what to wear tomorrow.
    Today I am grateful for
    The dog returning safe, well if a tad slower
    Food in the fridge
    A hearty welcome from a friend with whom we called yesterday.
  • I hear you re the weight inod! :(

Nice that you've got your dog back though!
    🌟
  • so, baked yesterday but didn't get the carrot cake assembled as i was delayed by phone calls, etc. did my presentation this morning. it went ok. also, got home to an email letting me know that the tender submitted 2 weeks ago had been successful. that's £1300 to come in in November. our wee mad dog was ill last night. it's so unlike her and it distresses her which i hate to see. i'm about to go assemble and ice the carrot cake then jog club this evening. finally, at 8:30, i've a skype call with my coach. right now, i'd really love a nap.
  • Well done on the tender and for keeping up with jog club.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family