A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Oh shiny new diary INOD!!

Hope you enjoy your overnight stay.

Dxxx
  • Stay away was good after the embarrassment of being left in reception where there was no record of our booking and the receptionist played blame the customer. Happily duty manager heard, stepped in and we got the bridal suite as the hotel was otherwise fully booked. We had both lunch and dinner out on Saturday then ate at home yesterday and that's the plan through to Thursday. I'm heading to dublin fri to meet two former clients and to drop off dd with DS and friends.
    I'll be taking journey costs from business account as I'm going armed with business cards, etc. to maintain a profile.
    Today I need to pick up dry cleaning,buy a toilet brush (still, at least it's a replacement!) and continue sorting stuff out.
    I also picked up some plants yesterday on my way home. £11.02 spent so I need to reclaim some neglected pots out the back and get these planted up well in advance of the end of May family BBQ. Unfortunately, it's already been raining here today so I will need to add mop mucky kitchen floor to my today list.
    I'm also toying with the idea of buying tickets to see jack Monroe as I've just received a half price code through and I think it might be good. It's at a venue that I could, at a stretch, walk to and bus home.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Oh that's a nightmare, at least it got sorted out & you got the bridal suite!

Love a wee code for a discount!

Dxxx
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 April 2017 at 3:26PM
    Today. I will[STRIKE] update my sig[/STRIKE],[STRIKE] plant up some plants[/STRIKE] and possibly clean the oven. I will also categorise and sort out some work stuff and will send an email to the car insurance company.[STRIKE] I will also email the hotel group and feedback on my stay.[/STRIKE]
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Sounds like a good day.

You will get all that done no bother, unless like me you are very easily distracted :p

Dxxx
  • so lazy and so easily distracted still one down. off to have a look at the plants now
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,627
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    `Did you decide to go to see Jack Monroe or has that date gone now?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • got my tickets to Jack at a cost of £3 each plus £1 to charity. didn't get as much done as I should have but sent off an additional two emails and will hopefully get the insurance email done before bed. today was an nsd with one car journey tackling 3 different things. today i am grateful for
    a possible work prospect
    a meal from leftovers
    getting an unexpected insight from a book that makes me see what i have rather than what I want
  • That's a brilliant price for your tickets.

Love the grateful for post!

Dxxx
  • Today I have a trip to the dentist to get my one from front tooth repaired. There is currently a gap which bothers me and I worry about how much it being there weakens the tooth. The previous filling came out last fri so I'm grateful for a dentist who understands the need for urgency.
    Yesterday I also signed up for another couch to 5k and decided not to pursue a volunteer opportunity. It just seems too high risk and taking it on would go against advice I've been giving people for years. Pity though as it would have helped the cv.
    Today, I'm determined to tackle sorting the work stuff. I now have under 2 weeks pre holiday and would like to come home to all my potential work stuff being in order. I also have some books that ziffit will accept so I will maybe get these out the door and some money in. It'll only be a tenner or thereabouts but it also clears some space.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback