IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Horizon - Asda Falkirk

Options
Being a good little parker I was having my ticket validated today at Asda in Falkirk when I was told that I would have to pay £70 if I stayed longer than 2 hours. No, says I, for I know the law.

Problem is, according to the Asda staff member, it's now "a Government car park" and "the law has changed".

Can I be the first to congratulate Horizon on becoming the Government and changing the law?

Or, more seriously, can I ask any forum members in the area to speak up if they hear the Asda staff member passing on the same BS to less well educated (in parking terms) members of the public.

Sadly, I didn't have time to complain to management, but I will do next visit.

Comments

• Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AltheHibby wrote: »
    it's now "a Government car park" and "the law has changed".

Brilliant - is it April 1st?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AltheHibby wrote: »

Problem is, according to the Asda staff member, it's now "a Government car park" and "the law has changed".

Can I be the first to congratulate Horizon on becoming the Government and changing the law?

Guess Asda are now selling Army Surplus:T

Where do Asda get their staff from ????
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a way to get legal enforcement in private car parks in Scotland and the legislation did originate from the Falkirk area but It won't be Horizon issuing the tickets and you could easily verify via the local council.
  • AltheHibby
    Options
    The signs are all Horizon, and they "enforce" by camera.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure