Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I need to get back into backing up, but updates for Windows 10 seems to have killed my (almost new!) external drive. Giving some thought to swapping my mahoosive laptop out anyway, will probably switch to a fancypants network-attached storage solution that backs up a much more modest laptop (in terms of spec and dimensions). Mrs E's brief is that any replacement has to fit into a small drawer (kitchen drawer, that sort of thing).
    Yikes! I'm really not sure I fancy Windows 10 :(

I'm wondering about this thing for extra storage on my kindle, put a Bluetooth keyboard with it and it could be great for travelling. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AreTop-Swivel-Android-Phones-Tablets/dp/B01IEIV4JK/ref=sr_1_7?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1475706905&sr=8-7&keywords=Otg+usb+32Gb I'd still need my main external hard drive, though, half a terabyte. Not sure about this thing, especially as I'm told my eldest nephew has super duper connections in the computer trade :D
    beanielou wrote: »
    Don't apologise Karmcat.
    To each their own & we are all different :grin:
    Thank you Beanie - I'd hate to upset you :kisses3:
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Just done a Sainsbo order - the Checkout button disappeared :( that's it, I'm off to Asda online in future. Now I've retired and I'm doing well physically, I can *walk* to Sainsbo to get the few things I want from there. And I've used the refund I got last month for battered tins :D so there.

Right, phone calls, writing and pruning, did a bit more of the pruning yesterday, there's just a *lot* - catching up on years of "just do fifteen minutes" :eek:
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    .... and pruning, did a bit more of the pruning yesterday, there's just a *lot* - catching up on years of "just do fifteen minutes" :eek:

There's often a lot to be said for 'little and often', KC;). Please don't tire yourself out:)
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Pruning is a nightmare. Decided to give our larger honeysuckle a short back and sides, ended up with a full bin :eek:

It's a wee bit like a tree in a horror movie that grabs the unsuspecting heroine by the ankles...
  • Karmacat
    There's often a lot to be said for 'little and often', KC;). Please don't tire yourself out:)
    Honey, I'm fine, honestly - I'm eating like a horse because I've got the energy to do this stuff, and I've got the energy because I've almost entirely recovered from staying so long in the wrong job. I'm still a bit stuck, it's true, but working in the garden is *unsticking* me :)

I do often sit and recuperate in the middle of the day, I guarantee you I don't push on with no rest.

I'm writing up that summer diary of my first Interrail trip - long, long days, and the nights spent sleeping on trains, sometimes just lying down in the corridor :rotfl: to save money and get places quicker.
    Pruning is a nightmare. Decided to give our larger honeysuckle a short back and sides, ended up with a full bin :eek:

It's a wee bit like a tree in a horror movie that grabs the unsuspecting heroine by the ankles...
    Yes! Cedric whoozits in Harry Potter, and there's a long history of them, isn't there :rotfl: The hedge was overhanging to the tune of eight feet or so, back to only two feet in a few places :eek: Many, many full bins :o:D

Off to do a bit more of that now, the bin lorry comes tomorrow.
    Save
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Am astonished at how fast your energy has recovered. Clearly your job was really pulling you down.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    It's weird, isn't it, Watty? In therapist lingo, I must have been "somatising" - pushing all the "argh, I don't want to do it any more" into my body, which was sort of paralysing me. When I stop doing it, hey presto, my bounceback took about a week to get going, and it's really going full tilt now. To be honest, I'm still nervous about running out of puff when I'm far from home, but I think thats just leftover from all that time when I could do so little - I was perfectly fine doing Merseyside to the south coast on my own, and I've been fine since then.

I *need* the activity, but I am taking care, with rest periods and good food. I don't go on about it, which is why CBC is kind enough to want to look out for me :kisses3:

And financially, if none of the plans pay off and I have to downsize again or live in a campervan, its **still** worth it, because when I was still working, I didn't have a life. And now I do. Simples :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    So good to read that KC :j :j
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Karmacat wrote: »
    when I was still working, I didn't have a life. And now I do. Simples :D

Loving the upbeat posts and the increased energy - and the statements such as the one above xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Thank you both! I *am* taking today off from the physical graft, to favour my arthritic shoulder, but energy is still fine :beer:

So now that the rail strike is over, I'm popping along to the town next door (5 minutes on the rail) to look at their wilko and liddly. To set up the 2nd router, I need one of those little plug ins that take the phone line and the webulator. Tuppence hapenny sort of thing. And a new lampshade for the Cosy Corner :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport