IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NIP 63 in a 50 MPH Zone

Comments

• justcat
    justcat Posts: 271 Forumite
    I believe it was actually her partner who was driving.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 January 2010 at 4:18PM
    Dipsy has edited her first post which did say she thought maybe she was driving it but it could have been a hire car, though my memory could be wrong.

Just checked pepipoo and my memory seems to be incorrect, she thought the partner was driving.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 January 2010 at 4:19PM
    dipsy wrote: »
    Im not lying,

its not my car, the NIP is not in my name, I opened it as I thought it was a circular as my ex husband has not lived at my address for over 9 years so I just thought it was a piece of junk mail

so if I called and said I opened the post but the name is not mine and the car is not mine

called and they said to return it and they would look into it.
    Naughty, this is why I councilled against fibbing, you are being misleading to them. You may not have been driving but your partner was and although the car is not yours you are pretty sure that it was in your possession at the time of the offence. They will get onto the hire co, who will check the records and then they'll get back to you in a very unhappy frame of mind.
    Stop digging now before the hole gets too big to climb out of.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    With any luck the pair will lose their licenses. Neither should be on the road. The partner for exceeding the limit by so much and the OP for being too thick to tell the truth.
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • maxtweenie
    maxtweenie Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    iamana1ias wrote: »
    With any luck the pair will lose their licenses. Neither should be on the road. The partner for exceeding the limit by so much and the OP for being too thick to tell the truth.

Maybe someone from Nottinghamshire Police will read this thread...
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    maxtweenie wrote: »
    Maybe someone from Nottinghamshire Police will read this thread...

The law requires that you reply to a s.172 requirement addressed to you. The form received by the OP was not addressed to her - she is not Mr X - and she is under no obligation to second-guess the police nor do their job for them. In any event, where has she lied?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    And with better luck, you'll be banned from this forum for being an unhelpful arrogant rude tw&t.

As stated above, the NIP isn't addressed to the OP, she should just send it back "not known at this address".

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bargepole wrote: »
    And with better luck, you'll be banned from this forum for being an unhelpful arrogant rude tw&t.

As stated above, the NIP isn't addressed to the OP, she should just send it back "not known at this address".

YES!!!! Rock on Bargepole....this poster is unhelpfull and arrogant, and wears her ignorance like a badge of honour!

Anyone got a problem??

Dont ask IAMANAN1LIAS, she'll just slag you off.

If you cant help, get off the forum!!!
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dipsy has edited her first post which did say she thought maybe she was driving it but it could have been a hire car, though my memory could be wrong.

Just checked pepipoo and my memory seems to be incorrect, she thought the partner was driving.

Oh I see, so possibly the OP will be billed an admin charge by the hire company as well as be pursued for the speeding fine.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    mollycat wrote: »
    YES!!!! Rock on Bargepole....this poster is unhelpfull and arrogant, and wears her ignorance like a badge of honour!

Anyone got a problem??

Dont ask IAMANAN1LIAS, she'll just slag you off.

If you cant help, get off the forum!!!

In what way are your posts (which stalk me around the forum) helpful? :confused:

just because you're a waste of space, no need to take it out on me!
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family