Blackhorse PPI

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has been the told the same by Blackhorse

So I've always thought I would be due some sort of PPI but like many others I just have never got round to doing it.

Finally raised a PPI complaint and Blackhorse called me tonight to go over more details as the loans were over 10 years old and I have since moved house etc....

After confirming my old details they told me I had 3 loans from them over the course of 2 years for £1,000, £1,500 & £2,000.

They admitted that YES I did have PPI in all 3 loans. They are sending out a claim form which I complete and then they have 8 weeks to investigate if I have a claim and they wil let me know.

Surely them admitting I did have PPI on all 3 loans means they cant turn around and throw out my complaint? Or can they?

Anyone had this admitted to them but still denied compensation?

Cheers

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Surely them admitting I did have PPI on all 3 loans means they cant turn around and throw out my complaint?

They didnt admit you had PPI. The confirmed you had PPI. Its not an admission of guilt.

Just because you have PPI, does not mean you were missold. They cannot throw out your complaint as they are required to consider it. However, they can reject your complaint if there is no evidence of wrongdoing.
    Anyone had this admitted to them but still denied compensation?

I think you have a misconception of the issue here. There is nothing wrong with having PPI. It is how it was sold to you that matters. Some distribution channels have over 90% of PPI complaints upheld. Some have under 10% of PPI complaints upheld.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks for replying. Yes I think I wasn't fully aware of how it all works.

I remember it clear as day being Sat down and getting told I could get the loan if I took out PPI.

Fingers crossed
  • Got all my forms sent through the post today. Randomly Blackhorse phoned me tonight and took me through my claim on the phone rather than sending in the forms.

They advised a decision would now be quicker than their standard 8 weeks.

If upheld the value of PPI I was sold is just over £2k and dates back about 14 years.

Hope to hear some good news!
  • I have recently received a payment from Blackhorse which was initially rejected as they could not find any details on my £8000 loan I took out with them in 1995. Luckily I managed to find some old paperwork showing that I had PPI of £960 added to the loan, I wrote to them stating that I did not need or ask for the insurance and within I month I received a payment of £3311.46, don't give up keep trying.
  • Bit of good news this morning.

Received a letter from Blackhorse stating that my claim has been upheld and I will have a cheque shortly for just under £4k! Very happy :beer:
  • We applied for PPI misselling for a loan which was taken out in 2004 and it was paid in full by 2008/2007. I do have the original paperwork when the loan was applied which clearly states that we paid PPI.
    In 2011 we used a company to get compensation for PPI which was unsuccessful. We have recently applied for the same and received a letter from Blackhorse saying they needed some proof within 14 days. We sent off copies of the original paperwork.
    Yesterday received a letter from Blackhorse saying that as they had not received the paperwork they were closing the case.
    Husband called them stating that we had posted the proof. Aidan? from Blackhorse, said,'if you have the number let me know I will check it now.' We gave him the agreement number and were promptly told that as we had paid off the loan before the qualifying dates we were not eligible for any payout. So thats that! Seems mighty unfair that I have the original paperwork and proof, yet can't do anything about it.
    Or can I?
    I have read on the forum that people have been successful with much older loans. Any suggestions will be welcome.
    Thanks in advance.
  • ShazNaz wrote: »
    I have recently received a payment from Blackhorse which was initially rejected as they could not find any details on my £8000 loan I took out with them in 1995. Luckily I managed to find some old paperwork showing that I had PPI of £960 added to the loan, I wrote to them stating that I did not need or ask for the insurance and within I month I received a payment of £3311.46, don't give up keep trying.

Can I ask, had the loan been paid off before 2007?
    Struggling to get Blackhorse to pay.
    Thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The plevin ruling does have dates that you have to have been inforce for it to apply. If you were not within those dates, it is game over (for a second time).
    I have read on the forum that people have been successful with much older loans

Do not mistake a plevin review with the original complaint outcome. You dont get to open the complaint again.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • :(Sigh!
    Thanks Dunstonh
  • What are the dates for plevin to apply please dunstonh? I took my cap one card out in 2003, ppi was added for a free 3 month period in 2004 then I never cancelled it.....i still have the card now and it is active with a balance on it. I didnt use it for a fair few years though.....
    Will that be a problem? Tia
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport