Is this me... in the mortgage free..?? :-0

Options

Comments

• lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well starting my stint of nights .. got some extra ones which means I'm now on nights for the next eight weeks, the money should come in useful but they also mean my live is pretty much on hold. Managed to also book another day over time this month so that'll be 6 extra shifts for august which I will stick towards my overpayments in September when i get paid for them . Only a week to pay day and I still have a little money in the bank, I've over payed by £305 and been to london not to bad considering :)
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    That is a great result, well done. A good exfoliate ds just as good as the laser. These things are just marketed to play on our insecurities and to fill up the day for ladies for leisure. You will look just as great without it!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • lamarsi
    Options
    Thanks SSS! tbh I'm finding that not drinking alcohol and drinking water is improving the ole face some what! .. hmm lady of leisure.. maybe one day!
    Just had a phone call from another ward asking if I want any extra shifts in September, not only is the ward around the corner, they feed you!! :j win win booked in for a further three shifts, maybe the panic about not getting any extra shifts was unfounded :p
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    Options
    This may end up a bit of a rambly mess.. it's 1.30 in the morning and I'm in the middle of a night shift, and I've had about 5 hours sleep in the last 48 hours so brain is a bit frazzled! thankfully not doing any medication rounds so no lives in danger!
    Well just found out I get paid on friday rather than monday as monday is a bank holiday is it kinda sad that I'm excited that I can make another overpayment a little early? I also love that I never know how much I'm getting paid as I can never be bothered to work it out.. I get a woman at work to check it for me when I get my pay slip to make sure it's right :D
    Did a BIG shop today re-started my diet today after going of track when at my brothers, spent £60 :eek: and considering there's just me and the cat thats alot, but should last a while, determined to get rid of this last lot of weight before the party season! anyway going to sign of and try and get some sleep during my break :o
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    lamarsi wrote: »
    Well just found out I get paid on friday rather than monday as monday is a bank holiday is it kinda sad that I'm excited that I can make another overpayment a little early?
    No. not at all........... as that would mean I'm sad too as I thought the same :D. Means 1 day short of 5 weeks till next pay day though :eek:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • lamarsi
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    No. not at all........... as that would mean I'm sad too as I thought the same :D. Means 1 day short of 5 weeks till next pay day though :eek:.

glad I'm not the only one! well best go easy if it's five weeks until next pay day, although I'm working nights all that time so spending power is diminished due to sleep/work ratio!

got a few extra payments to make this month, the first being my PIN number to the royal college of nursing (£100) and car insurance will be due very soon so the amount I can pay off may be slender this month, but at least next month I'll have 6 extra shifts to put towards over payment.. I need to pay as much as I can before January as I'm on a fixed term. Still hoping to get below 40k by jan :o
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • black_taxi_2
    black_taxi_2 Posts: 1,816 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    making the decision is huge,plenty of unknowns out there,you will get there in the end,when I started I thought 3 years,but now im bang on target for 4 1/2YEARS--SO HAPPY

I found targeting helped,breaking it down
    targets

1.£48k-debt/mortgage--12/12/09
    2.£8k-bank loan debt--PAID--01/06/11
    3.£18.5k-remortgage--PAID--01/07/13

good luck on your journey
    £48515 interest £181 (2009)debt/mortgage-MFIT/T2/T3
    debt/mortgage free 28/11/14
    vanguard shares index isa £1000
    credit union £400
    emergency fund£500
    #81 save 2018£4200
  • black_taxi_2
    black_taxi_2 Posts: 1,816 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    also---don't burn yourself out,workwise an o/p,thats why many give up

hav your holiday,1 week instead of 2 weeks
    go to a restaurant,once a month
    unexpected bill,just don't o/p instead of taking on new debt
    £48515 interest £181 (2009)debt/mortgage-MFIT/T2/T3
    debt/mortgage free 28/11/14
    vanguard shares index isa £1000
    credit union £400
    emergency fund£500
    #81 save 2018£4200
  • lamarsi
    Options
    thank you Black taxi, I shall bear that in mind! I am abit of a 'all or nothing type' tbh, but I do realise this is for the long hall now.. it's just the end is almost touchable !!!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    Options
    I think my aims are
    1) to get below 40k by January
    2) to get below the purchase price of my house by the following January (34k)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts