Churchill Sloan

Hi,
Churchill Sloan are charging 30 percent to get your fees back!
I was told by the Lloyds team dealing with this that the legislation on their claim form, is not worth the paper it's written on.
Can you confirm this please?
Regards,
Darren

Comments

• If you've agreed their fees, you'll need to pay the them.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was told by the Lloyds team dealing with this that the legislation on their claim form, is not worth the paper it's written on.

Some claims companies use template letters that list a whole load of things that they say were reasons you were missold. They use the same list for everyone. The complaints handlers at the banks know this when they get them as they see the same complaint template time and again and know its complete BS. Indeed, it can actually harm your complaint as some of the things listed can easily be refuted or shown to be lies and the complainer (you) loses credibility. In complaints where a balance of probability decision is required, that tends to go with the most credible party. So, the side found to be telling lies and listing irrelevant things tends to lose.

Some claims companies list acts of parliament or legislative issues. Often totally out of context and with no understanding. It gives the complaints handlers at the bank something to laugh about. Honestly, some of these CMCs are complete cowboys. Most are parasites.

Whilst Lloyds may well have stated that the complaints letter they got from them was complete rubbish, Lloyds do not see the contract you have with the claims company. So, whilst the complaint template they sent Lloyds was rubbish, it does not get you out of the contract.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • 4891darren wrote: »
    Churchill Sloan are charging 30 percent to get your fees back!
    Indeed.
    This should not be a surprise to you as it's part of the contract (I assume) you've already signed with them.

The opinion of the Lloyds complaint team has no bearing on the legality or validity of your contract with this firm. If you've secured a PPI refund, you'll have to pay them for representing you...
  • Thank you very helpful. So if I tell them I'm not paying the percentage of my claim if I'm successful .
    Basically they could take legal action. Regards.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Yep, they will take you to court for what you owe if you don't pay them.

They do love their pound [or more] of flesh and are not backwards in making sure they get it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • 4891darren wrote: »
    So if I tell them I'm not paying the percentage of my claim if I'm successful .
    Basically they could take legal action.
    They WILL take legal action. You've signed a legally-binding contract. Fail to pay their bill and you'll have to contend with debt collectors and ultimately court/ a CCJ.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 12:26PM
    One thing CMCs are very good at, is extracting their fees.

Their existence would be even more pointless if they didn't get paid, they did after all stick a stamp on an envelope and post for you . . .
  • Again thank you.
    Darren
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family