Is this me... in the mortgage free..?? :-0

Comments

• lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Been sat her on my own on the ward thinking of cheap ways to do up my kitchen which is looking a tad tatty. After spending a blummin fortune on a dining room that's hardly used my next plan was the kitchen, but now I want to do it on the cheap (reasons not needed to be written). Got unit doors that are wooden but blue on the inside panal wondering if anyone has any experiance of painting/spraying these up and if so whats best to use .... pondering maybe I should be googling.
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Get yourself over to the shabby chic thread on Old style - there is loads of info on this and some lovely makeovers. they will give advice on paint etc too.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    lamarsi wrote: »
    Been sat her on my own on the ward thinking of cheap ways to do up my kitchen which is looking a tad tatty. After spending a blummin fortune on a dining room that's hardly used my next plan was the kitchen, but now I want to do it on the cheap (reasons not needed to be written). Got unit doors that are wooden but blue on the inside panal wondering if anyone has any experiance of painting/spraying these up and if so whats best to use .... pondering maybe I should be googling.
    We used to have similar - what's on the reverse of the blue? We could turn ours between hessian and cream. Wow - how posh was that :rotfl:. Would have thought a good rub down with sugar soap would be ok then a few coats of washable paint? Maybe seal with matte varnish? Or cover with fabric? Would be hard to make that tidy on the inside (If you're as useless as me :rotfl:).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • brill advice will do that!! my house is prettty vintage styly so was hoping kinda 50's style thanks guys :)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    yeah!! at last pay day!! really over spent last month but due to the over time I put in I received a nice healthy wage packet.. god that's old school wonder if anyone still gets a wage packet these days :/... anyway payment has gone out today so just going to wait until it comes off my total then the interest will be added and then to make another over payment to make a nice round figure!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    yeah!! that time of the month again, the interest as been added to my balance so I've been able to make my overpayment (£330 ish plus change) to round it down. Now have a balance of 41500 which means I'm still on target to get it to 40k by January :j
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    well it's been over a month since I last posted, I really am rubbish at a diary. But more importantly I'm still on track by making over payments just paid another £229.97 making my balance £40800 so still on track :) But there is more I could do.. I made a really good wage this month but as it fluctuates each month I really want to have a bit of a buffer in the bank. I guess I won't really see the impact on the interest etc until this fixed deal is done in October 2015. oh need to update my siggy!!! love that bit!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    well another year started and I'm allowed to pay 10% of the balance of my mortgage so made my first over payment towards this, and this will hopefully be the year when my balance goes down to less than what i payed for the bloody place almost 15 years ago.. mortgaging and getting into arrears mean that I've been basically renting the place from the bank for years but now that is changing I'm actively overpaying :)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    six thirty in the morning, starting my annual leave and surprise surprise I'm wide awake since four am!
    Like most of the country the storms hit this area last night and I returned from work to find my TV Ariel hanging down the side of the house! fortunately I have a dad who can shimmy up there and put it back but not sure about the leaks my front room seems to have sprung!
    Although i've dried the walls out with the dehumidifier it has made me think about starting a emergency fund.. at the moment if I have anything left over in the bank I tend to stick it towards my mortgage..
    I think I need to start planning for any big jobs that may come along.

I very lucky to have a mum and dad who are able to loan me the money if anything happens hence the £12k I owe them, plus my dad is really good at repairing stuff for me, but I'm concious that he isn't getting younger in fact he's 68 and disabled and I need to start planning for when he's physically unable to help... plus my pride wants to be able to manage on my own!
    Anyhows, started my annual leave last shift Friday night.. then booked in to work sat sun nights, Tuesday day and wed twilight (12.30 until 00.45) so not much of a break so far.. have two more shifts booked for next week.. I will love March wage packet ;)
    Now down to £39k and £9 to mum six and a half years left on mortgage three years left to pay mum and dad!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • lamarsi
    Hello well it's twelve months since I last posted I really am rubbish at writing a diary. As off today my mortgage is £32500 at last i owe less than my original debt ( 1999 i took out a £34000 mortgage so its taken me 16.5 years to reduce it by £1500 OMG ) i's been a strange journey to say the least aiming to pay the 10% over pay I'm allowed to before my current deal ends in October.. paid £311.20 this month :)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts