Mrs S, family life and debt

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsSave wrote: »
    My loan payment has gone out, so I've adjusted my signature. By this time next month it will be under £16k. Woop!!

Today is going to be a quiet day. Ds2 was up for an hour in the night coughing, and I was awake another hour afterwards meaning I was awake 12:30-2:30. He's just gone back down for his nap. Ds1 was given the DVD Boss Baby for his birthday, so we may cuddle up on the sofa with some popcorn this afternoon.

I took some mince out of the freezer in the early hours of this morning so I'll make a spag bol tonight. We spent last week living on a diet of junk because of one thing or another, so it's definitely time to get back to eating a little healthier.

I've checked and updated YNAB and the bank accounts this morning, and checked dh's work emails. I really need to work through this house and give it a proper tidy up. I may do a little every day this week!!

Well done on nearly being under £16k you'll feel great when your in the £15k's as it seems like a huge drop. Hope ds is feeling better. boss baby is actually really funny, enjoy.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've decided today to sell some of the boy's clothes. We haven't 100% decided whether we'll have number 3 yet, but at the moment I doubt it. I'm not selling everything, but making bundles up of sleepsuits/vests/sleeping bags, etc. and things that haven't been worn this time around. It'll save a little space in the attic and will bring a few extra £s in.

I really should start going through all my teaching things as well now, as I'm leaving teaching. I think I'll wait a little though, just in case!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've washed and dried the clothes that my youngest never wore (everything he has worn has been washed since he last wore them) and have taken pictures of them all ready to try and sell. I'm thinking of trying Facebook first (no fees or posting) but if they don't go then I'll try eBay.

I've been to a new running class tonight. It didn't cost a penny and means I'm doing a little exercise! As well as going to that, I'm going to try and go out myself a couple of times a week. I've only got 1 kit, though, so will have to put a wash on first thing tomorrow so that I can go on Wednesday.

Today has been a nsd. :j I don't have enough of these, it's definitely something I need to work on. I was thinking earlier of thank you cards from my son for his birthday gift. I usually buy ready printed ones with a pic on and the writing typed. I think I'll try and make them with him this time. It will save money, and be a Summer holiday activity! I'll have to look on Pinterest later for ideas!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    We're going swimming today. My eldest is so excited, and the youngest has been a few times recently and loves it. I just hope it's not too busy. There is a floats session this afternoon, but I thought it may be quieter to go this morning and it is free for children. The float session will cost!

I've decided to cook a roast for this evening. We haven't had a Sunday roast for ages due to too many things on, and the large chickens were on offer in Tesco so will last us a couple of meals and then sandwich fillings. It also means I can cook too much veg and blend/freeze some for the baby.

I do need to pick up some bread today and I need to check the cupboard to make sure we've got enough for ds1's packed lunch tomorrow as he's going to Summer club for the day. I'm absolutely petrified about him going! I think it's because it's his first time, he's still little and there are children a lot older going. I initially decided to sign him up because I thought it would be good for him to mix with others over the Summer holidays and to keep a little bit of that 'classroom' mentality going so that September's not a big shock to him. The club sounds brilliant, I know others that go, and they're very impressed. He's excited, it's just my issue! I'll be on edge all day tomorrow!!

Right, I need to check YNAB and the bank accounts, pack swimming bags, and be ready to go once ds2 wakes from his nap!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've checked YNAB and the bank accounts. Everything ok there. I've done a load of washing, and they're now on the clothes horse drying. There's also a possibility that I've just sold pretty much all the clothes I was selling that I've already posted on facebook in one bulk. Will have to wait and see, but :j if I have. I'll need to bring other clothes sizes that the boys have grown out of down from the attic to add.

Right, the baby has just woken from his nap so I'll go and brush his teeth (all 2 of them), get him dressed and then it's time for swimming!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Swimming was brilliant, and then we were treated to lunch out. It was a bit of a later lunch, so I've decided not to do the roast tonight as we'll all be too full (other than dh!). My total spends today have been £1.26 on a loaf of bread. An expensive loaf of bread, but I'm shattered and didn't fancy driving over to the supermarket and pulling the 2 children out again so popped in to M&S. I did have 10% off by using my Sparks card, so it could've been worse.

Oh, I also went to pay off the balance on the Debenhams card I took out for 10% off the other day. I knew roughly how much it was, but not to the pence, and it doesn't tell them on the till how much it actually is. Not helpful! I paid off to the whole pound, so after checking at home I now have 64p left to pay from my card!

I got home to my £10 voucher from Tesco home panels. Will put that to one side ready for birthday/Christmas shopping. I was going to put it towards my nieces birthday, but my sil has asked that she has money :mad: I hate giving money as gifts for children!

I checked my park account, and I have 2 payments left to make before they send out the vouchers. I will have £200 Love to Shop and £50 M&S. I'm planning on saving for more next year, but only started a few months ago this year!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've had a bit of survey success today. 2 on prolific. One for £2.50 and the other for £1.70. If I had that every day it would be great! :rotfl:

I'm struggling at the moment to keep on top of the housework. I blame school holidays. I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with the boys, and then I'm tidying up around them. Well, trying to. I sorted out ds2's room yesterday. Ds2 was in there with me playing, then ds1 joined us. The clothes/wardrobe is sorted, but there are toys everywhere! Today I've changed the beds, done 2 loads of washing, had a quick living room tidy up (you couldn't tell), wiped the kitchen down quickly and thrown toilet cleaner down the upstairs loo. Reading it, it actually doesn't sound too bad, but the house just looks a mess. It needs hoovering every day really, and dusting. It just feels cluttered (toys more than anything!!). I'm sure there's a cleaning thread on one of the boards here. Will take a look and see if it helps.

I think September will be the turning point for organisation. Ds1 will be back at schoo, I'll have started my new job, ds2 will be in childcare part of the week, etc. Our routine will completely change, but I think it will be a good thing!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've just dropped ds1 off at Summer club, and I'm so nervous. He was chatting away to one of the other children he knows from school when I left so I have no doubt he'll have an amazing day. It's just me that's worried!! One of the staff members also works at his school, so she knows him! You'd think that being an ex-teacher would make me realised I was being completely silly and worrying over nothing. :j

I found the cleaning thread on the old style board. Flylady I think it was called. I'm going to see if I can follow that, though I may have a toy sort out today on top of anything else. Move some up to ds1's bedroom, some from ds1's room to ds2's room and everything else to be stored away neatly.

I have already checked ynab and the accounts today. Nothing new there, which is good news. I now have enough to cash out on prolific, but there's a fee if I cash out under £20 so I think I'll keep it there until I reach the £20.

Ds2 is back in bed and now fast asleep with a belly full of milk. I'm going to have a quick look at some surveys, and then start my tidying mission!!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Survey update.

Prolific: [STRIKE]£1[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1.70[/STRIKE] £5.90
    Swagbucks: [STRIKE]104[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]149[/STRIKE] 294
    Onepoll: [STRIKE]25p[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£3.60[/STRIKE] £4.05
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning Mrs S, hope you manage to get the toys sorted, you made me think of this quote when you were talking about cleaning up around yur children -

'Cleaning up with children around is like shovelling snow during a blizzard.'

I'm sure your little one with have a fantastic time at summer club.

Have a great day.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure