Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    • 29,704Posts
    • 45,323Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)
    • 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4) 24th Feb 10 at 1:25 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , and the third thread - Part 3 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 5
  • melissa75
    Lei - I'd have thought the copics would've leaked - shows how much I know!!!

Saucy - their papers are great quality and they match each other really well. I've got a couple of their smaller paper packs - if I had my way I'd get everything.
  • Popkins
    lordy can't believe you'se lot are up to page 4 already!!! well i guess I won't be sleeping tonight - bloomin fibro getting on my nerves!!! gonna try and carry on sorting my craft room (quietly so as not to wake OH!!!) maybe that'll make me sleep...
  • craftygranny
    lol at popkins. I've been tidying mine for weeks and it sends me to sleep lol. I will not let it defeat me but we have had so much going on it's hard to get going. That and the realisation of just how much craft stuff i had. Ikea are doing nicely from me though 2 expedit units and some lekman boxes and some baskets and magazine holders. I bought 2 small baskets to put some packs of unmounted stamps in but i rather underestimated the amount i had .pmsl. I counted up my promarkers too and i had 62 and ordered another 16 last night and i'm going to try to get the rest before my birthday.My poor hubby shakes his head when he sees promarkers and stamps.
    • SaucySecrets
    • By SaucySecrets 25th Feb 10, 1:24 AM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    SaucySecrets
    I'm waiting up patiently for the post man, so he can bring me my promarkers, or I might cry Got all my digi stamps out and ready to experiment on...And hopefully ribbon mad will come too!

I've got all my craft stuff in cardboard boxes all over the floor at the moment, desperately looking for cheap-ish storage for it.

Popkins - Snap, I think it must be a bad night for fibro everywhere!

Mel - Where do you get them from? I really want some now!

CG - I'm jealous of your promarkers/stamp collection. Are they hard to use?
    Signature down for maintenance
  • craftygranny
    lol at saucy . boy your postie comes early. mines lucky to make it by lunchtime.
    I bought the expedits to store my stuff as i have quite a bit and needed something sturdy but not too expensive. My daughter bought one for storing her kids toys from ebay it was like new and was less than half the shop price.
    I have some 12 x 12 paper storage trays on and they fit easily . I'll take some pics of the progress so far if i can tmz.
    The promarkers are really easy to use just wish it was as easy to resist buying them .
    As for stamps well i do have a liking for them . I may scare myself and count them up one day.
    I bought loads of ribbons from crafty ribbons a few weeks ago and some of them are really beautiful. hope you enjoy yours.
    • SaucySecrets
    • By SaucySecrets 25th Feb 10, 1:47 AM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    SaucySecrets
    My postman will probably come at 2pm, lol. But I'm excited anyway, I can't sleep and it feels like I've been waiting forever for my promarkers! I love ribbon, too, so I can't wait for that to arrive...

Forgot to order those scallopy things that you put the image onto a card on though, so will have to use printer paper and cut it out, and I'm not sure how that will look :S
  • craftygranny
    I like ribbons sam my son went to the range last week and bought me the goody bag for 14.99 with the orange and yellow capsule collection in . It has lovely ribbons and the cutest buttons in.

scallopy things do you mean nesties they are another addiction thats catching lol
    • SaucySecrets
    • By SaucySecrets 25th Feb 10, 2:00 AM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    SaucySecrets
    I had to look up nesties, I need to learn the names of things! But yes that's what I mean, I think they make it much more professional but keep forgetting to buy some to try...No doubt I'll end up ordering some very soon!
  • pointofnoreturn
    Just seen this lovely free download for cat lovers - lots of other free downloads if you click under the cat one.
  • pointofnoreturn
    I was looking at Peerless Colours as I had seen them mentioned on a blog tonight. Has anyone ever used them?? They look easy enough to use and are quite cheap. Looks like an American site.
  • Popkins
    pmsl - been googling ideas for storage and came back here and theres a party goin on!!! LOL!! hello peeps!
    • SaucySecrets
    • By SaucySecrets 25th Feb 10, 2:33 AM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    SaucySecrets
    Hi
    I should so be asleep....
    Ah well, how did the storage hunt go? I badly need some too!
  • Popkins
    I don't really have room for an expedit let alone 2 altho I would love one!!! I've got a Lack but definitley need something else so been measuring up - tbh I really need a bigger work surface so trying to think of cheap options!! I want something that I can work at but standing up not sitting down so needs to be higher than a desk - maybe it would be best to just buy kitchen worktop & have it built in and then have storage under but it needs to be cheap so if I have to pay someone to install it thats a problem!!
    • SaucySecrets
    • By SaucySecrets 25th Feb 10, 3:04 AM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    SaucySecrets
    I have no space at all....if you move in here you are stepping on someone or something, and if you stand still you are in the way, lol. It's dreadful...

I'm counting down the hours til postman....11 left! Haha. I've never been so exciting over pens!
  • THE-WIFE
    Hello everybody
    Hope you don't mind me joining in.
    I have been following the site for a long time and have just plucked up the courage to put fingers to key board... I have seen a post by The Wife asking about Hunkydory, they actually have a shop newly opened in Preston, their wbsite is cardcraftplus.co.uk I am afraid I am not computer literate enough to have a blog site or able to post links etc.. :-( . I have been making cards for about a year now, just for interest as a hobby to give them to friends and family. I have had a good reaction to them, hope people aren't just being polite??? and I love all the creations you do, you are all very talented and have been a great help for my inspiration and answering questions that others have put on the thread, thank you all :-D
    I do hope that there is no restriction on this post because I know that as a newby some info isn't allowed, so whether this will be edited or not I don't know, but hopefully not as I am hoping to help The Wife with her query.
    Sorry to waffle on.....
    Originally posted by Hassy
    Hassy, thank you for that info, I like what I've seen of Hunkydory, the kit I had was very good quality. Jump on in here with a loud splash, it's a nice place to be at anytime of the day and the peeps on here will always help out if they can.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• THE-WIFE
    I don't really have room for an expedit let alone 2 altho I would love one!!! I've got a Lack but definitley need something else so been measuring up - tbh I really need a bigger work surface so trying to think of cheap options!! I want something that I can work at but standing up not sitting down so needs to be higher than a desk - maybe it would be best to just buy kitchen worktop & have it built in and then have storage under but it needs to be cheap so if I have to pay someone to install it thats a problem!!
    Originally posted by Popkins
    Popkins that's exactly what I did, I can't sit and craft, it's to do with my eye sight so I prefer to stand. OH put in a long kitchen work top, plenty of room says he Shelves above for the printer and scanner. I treated myself to the Really Useful Storage units for the boxes I had and bought more which the spendy elves have steadily filled up for me which is so kind of them! There's plenty of room for two adults to works or two little grandaughters who each have a spot that they like to work at. One spot has the bling box underneath and the other had the ribbon box, I'm teaching them young like a good nanny should. He he! With OH being on very early shifts, he's up between 1-2am, it means I've got my escape pod, dog at my feet, Skinny Cow hot choccie in the flask and I'm happy! The only thing I can't use is the my Nesties Wizard machine but I've got my Promarkers now and they don't make a noise.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• Popkins
    well yes... I'm still up!!! doing well with my craft room tho!!! can't believe how much stuff I've got - tbh its a bit like going shopping cos I'm finding allllll kinds of treasures!! Anyhoo must go and have a brew & some brekkie - I'm starvin marvin!!!

and then back to it - don't want to halt the progress!!!

Hassy - newbies always welcome!!!
  • THE-WIFE
    I have no space at all....if you move in here you are stepping on someone or something, and if you stand still you are in the way, lol. It's dreadful...

I'm counting down the hours til postman....11 left! Haha. I've never been so exciting over pens!
    Originally posted by SaucySecrets
    Saucy, you will love them, you're not going to believe this but........... there I was last night with the various brown tones matching them up with the dog as he's got such lovely colours in his coat
    Sad or what?

• THE-WIFE
    Morning! Popkins! It's not raining so off to walk the brown tones doggie!

• Popkins
    Saucy, you will love them, you're not going to believe this but........... there I was last night with the various brown tones matching them up with the dog as he's got such lovely colours in his coat
    Sad or what?
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    Morning - made me chuckle!!! as mad as me spending the entire night trying to sort & organise my room - & still not done!! Getting there tho... feel like I've been saying that for ages!! My hubby popped his head round the door before he went to work & he spied the pink Cuttlebug (that I hadn't mentioned buying) must've slipped my mind!!! He just laughed!! & said issssss that a PINK cuttlebug I spy? oh well I'll cancel the order for the cricut then... AS IF!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,344Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin