Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    • 29,706Posts
    • 45,324Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)
    • 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4) 24th Feb 10 at 1:25 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , and the third thread - Part 3 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 2
  • wanna-b-rich

What does "lignin free" mean? I've always thought it was some kind of typo
    Originally posted by PepPop
    It means it hasn't got lignin (a natural component found in wood) in which over time will breakdown and become acidic.
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 24th Feb 10, 4:15 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Wifey the brown boxes are still £4.99 or 4 for £18. The special offer ones are the old white boxes with twice as much space!! They were advertised as Managers Special. Wish I had got more though.
  • paddingtondoo
    Hops onto shiney new thread .

Wifey - alas Funky Fairys is no more and the shop has closed - think Shaz wanted to spend more time actually making stuff . She still posts some freebies on her own blog here.

Funky fairies challenges are now called fab n funky challenges.

I love those MME papers but am (struggling with) being good plus I don't think I would ever use them all I need to use up what I have first - or at least a little bit of it
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• Mad-Frog
    • By Mad-Frog 24th Feb 10, 4:29 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 9,681 Thanks
    Mad-Frog
    A shiny new thread

Have spent most of today making cards and have started trying to make some mothers day baskets and Easter baskets but haven't finished any of them

Have also experimented with shrink plastic for some embellishments for my cards, quite please with them, will try and post onto my blog if I ever get around to it

Want those MME papers, and have been looking at more October afternoon papers but I have so much I need to use some up first

Will try and do some blog hopping tomorrow, decided to make OH toad in the hole for his tea, but if my Yorkshires are anything to go by he will probably have flat pancakes and sausages
  • Popkins
    Just thought i would give an update of the bag sealer i got its fab been doing all kinds of bags this morning i so glad i got one now
    Originally posted by Giggle

Ooooh I bought one too - it arrived today but haven't had a chance to play with it yet - is it easy to use? I hope so cos I've got mega 'fibro-fog' at the moment and my brain can only cope with simple tasks!! Currently still sorting & organising (its a slow process cos of fibro!) but getting there - really hope to some more crafting sooooon!!!
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 24th Feb 10, 4:52 PM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 13,397 Thanks
    Giggle
    Ooooh I bought one too - it arrived today but haven't had a chance to play with it yet - is it easy to use? I hope so cos I've got mega 'fibro-fog' at the moment and my brain can only cope with simple tasks!! Currently still sorting & organising (its a slow process cos of fibro!) but getting there - really hope to some more crafting sooooon!!!
    Originally posted by Popkins
    Do you know the make of yours if its the same as mine the yes very easy to use even if the 1st go did make we jump
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • mary-op
    Hello all
    New thread -just shows what a busy lot you all are..........lol
    Actually made a card today...........forgot I hadn't done Easter card for little grandson ..........managed to find enough bits and bobs to do it -now need to make an envelope.........haven't got one the right size..........typical me not to think of the size in the first place................lol
    Painted some little pebbles as plant markers for foster daughter -Sage, Thyme, Basil and Parsley. Quite pleased with them.
    Now OH's got the stamps for MIL I've put them in her box of cards and its all ready to wrap.
    Every intention of tidying up and being a bit domestic but failed badly on that one...............as usual
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
    • sunrise27
    • By sunrise27 24th Feb 10, 5:05 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 4,571 Thanks
    sunrise27
    gone notelet crazy lol
    heres a couple more boxes

• SaucySecrets
    • By SaucySecrets 24th Feb 10, 5:08 PM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    SaucySecrets
    Wow, Sunrise, they are gorgeous!
    I thought the thread had been quiet, I didn't notice the new one! I'm all suscribed now.
    Still no promarkers Could someone post the link for CP, please?
    Signature down for maintenance
    • sunrise27
    • By sunrise27 24th Feb 10, 5:12 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 4,571 Thanks
    sunrise27
    thanks Saucy x
    • thriftyscotslass
    • By thriftyscotslass 24th Feb 10, 5:18 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 13,009 Thanks
    thriftyscotslass
    Ooooh shiny new thread - you lot can't half gas tho' - already on page 2 .

You lot are better than therapy - had a carp day, came on here to have a moan and have laughed so much that I don't need to moan and might not need my second piece half of lemon drizzle cake from M&S

Lol at you lot with your trolleys and freight trucks to get you back from the NEC.

Peppop I get my smilies from here I just luv 'em.

Off to feed the troops - Sweet & Sour Cicken for tea.

to all, Thriftyxxx
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 24th Feb 10, 6:30 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Thrifty thanks for the link to the smilies, they are fantastic!!!

More fab cards and boxes Sunrise. Brilliant!!!
    • SaucySecrets
    • By SaucySecrets 24th Feb 10, 6:32 PM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    SaucySecrets
    Did you take the photos Sunrise? I can't wait for my box maker to turn up!
    I'm still debating the NEC...I know I need to get my bum into gear.

In so much pain with my left hand today, I've never felt anything like it. Everywhere hurts, but nothing is helping it at all....prrffftt. My Ribbon Mad order has just been dispatched, though, so I'm feeling a little happier. Maybe a nice surprise tomorrow
    Signature down for maintenance
    • sunrise27
    • By sunrise27 24th Feb 10, 6:46 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 4,571 Thanks
    sunrise27
    Did you take the photos Sunrise? I can't wait for my box maker to turn up!
    I'm still debating the NEC...I know I need to get my bum into gear.

In so much pain with my left hand today, I've never felt anything like it. Everywhere hurts, but nothing is helping it at all....prrffftt. My Ribbon Mad order has just been dispatched, though, so I'm feeling a little happier. Maybe a nice surprise tomorrow
    Originally posted by SaucySecrets
    can't take the credit for the photos I'm afraid
    they are by a local very talented photographer who lets me use them
    http://www.waynehart.webs.com
  • RustyFlange
    Flourgirl, CT19720 & Sylphraven - I am about to send you ladies a very helpful and pretty link to use with your machines!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • mary-op
    sunrise - super notelets
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
    • CT19720
    • By CT19720 24th Feb 10, 7:11 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 15,299 Thanks
    CT19720
    Flourgirl, CT19720 & Sylphraven - I am about to send you ladies a very helpful and pretty link to use with your machines!
    Originally posted by RustyFlange

Hi Rusty - thanks for the email, am I being stupid though should there have been a link or attachment on it?

Great a new thread - still really busy, but hope to be back soon, have loads of things to blog.

Really really gutted, I can't now come to the NEC, because I start my new job that week, and they are wanting me to work Mon, Wed and Friday.

Hope everyone is OK, and hugs to those who are having a carp time.

xx
    Last edited by CT19720; 24-02-2010 at 7:14 PM.
  • Gemm85
    aww just looked at the list of exhibitors for the NEC and looks like papermill won't be there this time gutted!

heres a full list if anyones interested http://www.ichf.co.uk/exhibitors_list.php?show=90

CT what a shame you won't be able to make it now xx
  • Little Vics
    hello all you wise folk - can you tell me where's the best place to get some blank cards and envelopes from? Ideally I'd like some with a little window in them (so I can stick fabric behind), but regardless I need them cheap and fast! Thanks heaps..
  • melissa75
    Lyndach - looks like you got a bargain there - I am a big fan of MME papers.

Rusty - was it all the penny lane papers that you got in the stack - I think a few ranges fall under the heading - I'm not sure I get confused!!! I know QVC sell a few of the MME stacks but I think they're about £20.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin