Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nihannn.
    • By Nihannn. 18th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nihannn.
    Not happy with my current job
    • 18th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    Not happy with my current job 18th Jun 17 at 4:35 PM
    Hi everyone, I need some help and advice regarding my current situation. I am a recent graduate and work in the lab since a few months. I am not enjoying it, and the pay is very low as well. I want to change my job but it is difficult since I am after office/admin based jobs but have more experience working in the lab. I do have previous office experience and really enjoyed it but it is not recent.

My background is in Biomedical Sciences and I also have a MSc. I want to continue working in the scientific field but away from the lab. I have a few options in mind including working for pharmaceutical companies or in medical communications as a medical writer since I enjoy writing.

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas for me about what I can do? Many thanks!
Page 1
    • theoretica
    • By theoretica 18th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 4,949 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    theoretica
    • 18th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    Join the PSCI-Com mailing list for job ads in science engagement, including some science writing ones and related things you might not have thought about, also look at the Association of British Science Writers.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
    • LannieDuck
    • By LannieDuck 19th Jun 17, 10:56 AM
    • 2,275 Posts
    • 6,978 Thanks
    LannieDuck
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:56 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:56 AM
    Epidemiology? A few of my colleagues started off as microbiologists before making the switch.
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
    • -taff
    • By -taff 19th Jun 17, 6:41 PM
    • 7,181 Posts
    • 5,167 Thanks
    -taff
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:41 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:41 PM
    Qp..........
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 19th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 18,833 Posts
    • 19,146 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    Qp..........
    Originally posted by -taff
    Could you explain further? I like to try to learn from posts on this board, but this one has me stumped! (Google suggests Quatar Petroleum....)
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,997Posts Today

6,030Users online

Martin's Twitter