The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

British Airways Holidays and phantom payment

Morning all

So I booked a holiday to Mauritius back in June last year that flies tomorrow, paid my £415 deposit (which went through fine) and then paid the £1800 remaining balance in Feb this year.

I got an email saying the payment had gone through and it confirmed I had a zero balance on their website.

I get a call today from them saying that the payment hadn't actually gone through. I checked my card statement (which admittedly I should have probably done before) and the payment isn't actually on there.

He said not to worry about it and it can be sorted out when I get back. I've had a look at their T&C's and can't find anything regarding this type of payment scenario.

I know the decent thing would be to just pay for it but as this is their error could I be entitled to sound kind of discount or pay in installments perhaps? I could say that I don't have the money now?

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ollie2001 wrote: »
    could I be entitled to sound kind of discount or pay in installments perhaps?

No. Surely it would be your own fault if you don't have the money now? Personally I would be on the phone with them today and insist to pay before departure rather than risk a problem at the airport.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,299
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Personally I would be on the phone with them today and insist to pay before departure rather than risk a problem at the airport.

Yep, me too
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No pay - no fly - potentially.

Could be when you check in you will be told your ticket was cancelled due to non payment - hope it doesn't come to that.
  • ollie2001
    ollie2001 Posts: 44
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm here. No issues at all.

Will see what they say when they ring me next week.
  • ollie2001
    Forumite
    Been and come back, still had no contact from them whatsoever.

Can they legally come after me for the money now? How long have they got to do this?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ollie2001 wrote: »
    Been and come back, still had no contact from them whatsoever.

Can they legally come after me for the money now? How long have they got to do this?

Six years.
  • ollie2001
    Forumite
    Fingers crossed then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income