**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Comments

• too_much_debt
    too_much_debt Posts: 3,218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have never had good sales on a Sunday, I prefer to end listings on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and sometimes Sunday, I always do it on Mon, Tues, Thursday before or after Eastenders (before on a Monday and after on a Tues and Thursday. I prefer to have things finish in the evening than during the day as lots of people are at work or picking kids up from school or shopping during the day.

Relisted some of my items from the free listing weekend that didn't sell and have some bids already so am pleased with that, going to take some pictures in a minute and get more listed tonight.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Paypal will only accept tracking numbers from recorded or special delivery or courier company.

If you only have a reciept as proof of postage you will have to refund the buyer and claim from Royal Mail yourself.

Thank you for checking the facts for me. I would hate to give someone bad advice. :(
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • SJP
    SJP Posts: 682 Forumite
    Thanks for the advice, I made a start and listed some games, no bids as yet, but i put them on for 7 days....

I'm also going to find some more bits to put on, fed up of all the 'rubbish' in the house!!!!
    Challenges - repay all credit cards by end of 2015
    Starting the savings for retirement :rotfl:

DS aged 14, DD aged 3 :j
  • Fredula
    Fredula Posts: 568 Forumite
    The lady in the post office was not pleased when I turned up with a bag full of 18 items to post, yesterday! Lol.
  • I've done it, I've listed 7 items!!!:T
  • Make that 12 lol. I'll put some more up on Sunday or next Thursday.
  • animum
    animum Posts: 55 Forumite
    I've just had a buyer pay through paypal on a collection only item even though I had put cash on collection. I didn't realise that they still had the paypal option. Presuming that they do collect it, how do I prove it? They are asking whether it could be sent which would presumably mean me getting a quote from a courier company & them paying this also through paypal BEFORE I actually post it?

if you stated that it was collection only...then you don't send it. they can still pay by paypal....but still have to collect it. I have been payed by paypal a few times for collection only. I usually do that for big things.....most recently a hi fi system. depends if you are happy to sort postage I suppose, but it would annoy me if I said collection only..then someone buys and expects you to post it.
  • bravobeastie
    bravobeastie Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    animum wrote: »
    if you stated that it was collection only...then you don't send it. they can still pay by paypal....but still have to collect it. I have been payed by paypal a few times for collection only. I usually do that for big things.....most recently a hi fi system. depends if you are happy to sort postage I suppose, but it would annoy me if I said collection only..then someone buys and expects you to post it.

unfortunately there is still the chance that the buyer will claim 'item not received' via paypal even if they have collected it. Unless you can provide a valid tracking number, paypal will refund the buyer no questions asked.
  • too_much_debt
    too_much_debt Posts: 3,218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have got quite a few bids on some of my relists that didn't sell on the free listing weekend, started most at 99p but also have a bid on a Next coat that I put a start price of £6.99 (did have it at £8.99 on free listing weekend). Am happy with the bids so far will have to get cracking and find some more.

Am annoyed as I transferred some money out of my Paypal account at 10.06am yesterday morning and paid the £5 fee to get it quicker, it always, always goes in the same day but is still not showing in my bank account, I only have £55 in my account now and I transferred £170. I hope there is not a problem with it as I'm stuck otherwise. It is showing as the right account number and sort code. It does say 1-2 days but has always gone in by 2pm the same day when I've done it before 11am.

Feeling so shattered, at least it's Friday and last day at school and OH is off this weekend so I can have a lie in on Saturday or Sunday. Just want to be debt free asap.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
  • unfortunately there is still the chance that the buyer will claim 'item not received' via paypal even if they have collected it. Unless you can provide a valid tracking number, paypal will refund the buyer no questions asked.

That's what worrying me to be honest. He is now coming to collect it but basically there is nothing you can do is there on a collection, whether they have paid via paypal or pay you on colection - i.e. if they want to, they could just say they didn't "receive" it & you would have to refund them? Is that right?
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure