IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

roxburghe debt collectors parking fine

hedid2003
hedid2003 Posts: 27 Forumite
edited 11 February 2011 at 9:41PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all

i received today a letter from roxburghe debt collectors,demanding payment for a parking charge notice for £198.00.i must pay within 14 days.
The client is elite management ltd.
i got the parking ticket 8th dec 2010,
i was attending a help back to work meeting for people with a disability,i parked in a disabled parking bay with my blue badge clearly on display.
the disabled bay was open to anyone with a blue badge.
the excuse they used i did not have a permit,i didnt know i needed one.
i appealed the next day to elite management via email with photos etc.
Kept on checking emails,nothing,until today the letter from roxburghe
i phoned elite and they told me they emailed me on the 10th dec.
i have not had nothing from elite.

Any advice,what should i do quite worried if they take me to court.

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Stop worrying and ignore them. They won't take you to court, this is just part of their scare tactics. For farther reassurance please read some of the other posts on here that deal with private parking tickets.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Just ignore them, you owe them nothing at all, they will not take you too court, they have never been inside a court ever, you will get Graham White letters next, don't worry they are roxburghe trying to scam you!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Thanks for replying
    it is worrying for those who get these kind of letters from the likes of roxburghe,thanks again,i have been reading other peoples posts, i suppose i just needed reassuring.
  • Hi all,

I've had one of these letters too - including the name "Graham White". Are we sure its a load of rubbish?

I was given a parking ticket when I had actually bought myself a usual day ticket ( I park there every day). I scanned it and sent a letter to Elite Management and got nothing back.

I now have recieved this letter demanding £198.00 for a £4 parking ticket. Ridiculous! Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jess
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    jessem_01 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've had one of these letters too - including the name "Graham White". Are we sure its a load of rubbish?

I was given a parking ticket when I had actually bought myself a usual day ticket ( I park there every day). I scanned it and sent a letter to Elite Management and got nothing back.

I now have recieved this letter demanding £198.00 for a £4 parking ticket. Ridiculous! Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jess
    As has been said above, ignore this company. Graham White Solicitors is actually just another guise used by Roxburghe's debt collectors. Graham White's does not exist in the sense of being a solicitors office you could walk into and the only solicitor on "their" books - Michael Sobell - is well into his 70's and effectively simply rents his name to Roxburghe's so they can use it on letters produced by them but on Graham White's letterheads.

As far as private parking companies are concerned there is no appeals process worthy of the name (to even the slightest degree) and these processes are solely designed to obtain the owner/driver details without them having to apply to the DVLA and any other details they can use to help them pursue their made-up charges. Appeals are routinely dismissed out of hand.

So, to sum up. Roxburghe's can do absolutely nothing to you beyond jumping up and down stamping their feet demanding that you pay them. They have no special powers beyond those that you and I have to get people to pay up. They do, however, have a Consumer Credit Act licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading but are being being investigated by the OFT who have told them that they are "minded to revoke" the CCA licence.

In addition, Graham White's is currently being investigated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority - and not for the first time.

Don't worry.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    The fact our original poster last posted in February tells you everything.

Ignore.
  • howard_roarke
    howard_roarke Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2011 at 2:32PM
    Usual scam parking ticket nonsense. Have been ignoring letters. Most recently though they have started to phone me.

God knows where they obtained my number.

Three things:

(i) the numbers they are using are: 07837 667522; 01932 332016; 07969 251019. Not sure if these are generated for the call only or whether they are real but here they are anyway.

(ii) Is holding my phone number a breach of Data Protection legislation?

(ii) Has anyone tried asking them to issue a writ or cease and desist? This feels like nuisance to me.

PS. Have no fear, Howard Roarke is a reference to the Fountainhead not my name.
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 August 2011 at 3:48PM
    God knows where they obtained my number.

Probably from the DVLA when they got your name and address.

The 01932 number is at their office, the mobiles are probably used to get round your recognising their number and not answering. Handy to know their mobile numbers though.
  • Just read a post called Vinci and Harrassment on MSE. Some poor chap's parents received a call!

There is a clear recommendation there about writing to the collector agency and requiring that they put up or shut up. Some suggested text is offered.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,419 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Why dredge up an ancient thread...there are LOADS of threads from this week alone about Graham White letters and phone calls (which in fact come from Roxburghe). There is no solicitor's office involved at all, it's just Roxburghe using different letter-heading to frighten the unwary into paying. Do not be victims.

Just read some threads, pretty much every second one mentions these letters:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

And Roxburghe (pretending to be 'Graham White') phone calls have been mentioned on this very board at least twice in the last 3 days. It's simple, just tell them when they call that the debt is denied. More detail is in the forum threads - or click on my username here and look back at my previous posts for the last week, as I was one of those who posted the 'put up or shut up' wording.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure