Rent your house out as a film location... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• CornishJon
    CornishJon Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What geographical area are you looking at Andy?
    Also are you wiling to pay a fee or are you on the scrounge? ;O)
  • Probably the scrounger. Ha!

In or around the Glasgow since most of the cat and crew are from there, but that's open to change.

I wasn't expecting a serious reply, I was chancing my luck but here goes: I need a fully furnished house, with upstairs, spacious enough for a 10+ crew to maneover. It's for a 2 minute horror film for a film competition. I need it for Monday the 21st July from 8am til approx 10pm but aiming to finish earlier.

And yes, I'm operating on a very low budget and would ideally just reimburse electricity, but I will pay a small rental fee.
  • Are they ever interested in places that are totally run down/ barely habitable/ full of junk/ non-residential buildings? Or done up but unfurnished?
  • We are looking for a location to film a channel 4 tv programme. We need a house or apartment which has a open plan kitchen dinning area with a dinning table and chairs. The location would need to be light, spacious with a modern homely feel. We would need the location for every Thursday in October and November between 8.30-8.00pm. We would be able to pay a fee of 200 pounds a day. Please Email photo's to the following address with any questions
    [EMAIL="gemma.hancocks@endemoluk.com"]gemma.hancocks@endemoluk.com[/EMAIL]

:beer:
  • A lot of film location agencies such as the beach studios Have a section on how to register your property. It's worth having a look at the agencies websites to see how they deal with taking on new locations.

Many location agencies are based in london, but take on locations all over the country so it's always worth contacting them with your property details.
  • This is a special discussion as part of the

article, all about

Renting out your house as a film location

which is part of the Flog what you've got section

Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions or questions

Just click reply
    I have a house I moved out of in a older neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio and really don't want to be a landlord. I thought woud renting it out for film location. It would make a great horror or haunted movie. If interested contact me at [EMAIL="behorn60@aol.com"]behorn60@aol.com[/EMAIL]
  • I have a house I moved out of in a older neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio and really don't want to be a landlord. I thought woud renting it out for film location. It would make a great horror or haunted movie. If interested contact me at [EMAIL="behorn60@aol.com"]behorn60@aol.com[/EMAIL]
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can anyone tell me how much locations companies pay?

Is 200 per day the going rate, or has anyone got more than that ?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • The fee varies depending on the production (big or small budget) the location (run-down flat or stately home) and duration of shoot (a couple of hours to a couple of weeks). Big budget films and commercials will pay the best, often thousands of pounds. Low budget telly on the other hand will frequently try and blag a location for nothing!
  • atruefaker
    atruefaker Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 December 2011 at 4:56PM
    Post deleted due to personal information contained in message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure